Friday, May 29, 2009

Matty Poo-Poo Head & One Angry Rant

I've gotten so many emails concerned about my Matty and I'm so thankful for all the prayers he's getting. Yes, he still needs them. Of course after the bloody stool (sorry, TMI) dilemma, we took him to the vet. He didn't notice anything unusual, so he sent us with some Rx dog food and some fiber to mix inside it.

He's gotten much better in the potty department, but he now associates me with him getting hurt so badly and is so terrified and untrusting of me. This absolutely breaks my heart and believe me, I've cried about it many times. I just want him to know how he's safe with me and I'd never hurt him like in his former life. Thankfully, he is not at all afraid of Southern Hubby. As soon as he gets home, he runs up to him and starts trying to walk on his hind legs to get closer to him. It's absolutely the cutest thing ever! :)

Keep the prayers coming please, cause I really want him to be able to trust me again. Here are just a couple of recent pictures of my baby. Isn't he the cutest ever!? :)

Ok, here's the rant... today we went to Walmart to buy a Better Homes and Gardens desk. It was a beautiful desk and I'd wanted something to put my Bible study materials on. I've been using our breakfast area table and it just looks so cluttered with all my books, journals and what not. So now I have a dedicated spot just for my studies. I wish they had a picture of it online, but I think it's not being sold anymore. (On the side, if you're looking for dirt cheap, super cute pieces, go check out their BH&G collection. It's all so cute and looks like really nice quality.)

While we were there, I saw a young girl with her mother. I'd say she was about 13 or 14. For some reason, I glanced down at her shirt and saw that is read "Cubby Hole- Open 27/7." I couldn't see the accompanying graphic but I didn't need it in order to get what the shirt was trying to tell the world.

How are parents letting their young daughters wear such provocative and suggestive clothing?! Do they not understand the sexual innuendo the shirt is proclaiming? And this one isn't even the worst of them. "Trust me, I know what boys want," "Two boys for every girl," and, "Yes, but not with you."

I'm just astounded and appalled. I like to think of myself as open minded, but never would I let my daughter walk so much as a step out of her room with a shirt like that. When did parents stop telling their kids what they can and can't wear? When did it become okay to have your mom be your best friend or just like an older sister? Moms are just that- moms. I don't think the best friend thing normally comes until the child is a young adult and has left the house. At least that was when I was on a friend level with my mother. I was on my own and realized the struggles she went through to raise me and reason she did the things she did.

It just boggles my mind. Am I the only one?

Ok, let me leave you with this disturbing picture of a pre teens underwear.


Did your mouth drop open like mine did?! I was just speechless. Something has to be done about this! I'm not a mom so I don't know all the girl shops out there but there has to be a way to get manufacturers to stop making them. And mothers need to stop buying them. Monitor their closets. Monitor their facebooks and myspaces. Why do they have to be private? If it's something you can't read, then they probably shouldn't be writing it at all.

Ok, I've obviously had too much coffee this morning. No more ranting. And I apologize for unloading on you without any proper warning. I'll gave a hand signal for the next time I think I'm gonna blow!

Happy holding on to your 12, not 19 year old baby girls!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment