Friday, May 1, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to


May 1st.

Summer is around the corner officially. The temperatures are up. The birds are singing. My hydrangeas are about to bloom.

And I'm officially 29.

I'm. very. depressed.

This is my last year to be a carefree, fun-loving 20-something. Boo. I decided that this is my last birthday. I'm staying 29 forever. I will not enter my 30's. They're going to have to drag me kicking and screaming into 30. Yes ma'am.

The good news is, tonight at dinner with my family my momma and daddy got me tickets for Dave Matthews! Whoo hoo! He's pretty much my fave. And they also got me the embroidery software that I need in order to use the embroidery part of my Viking sewing machine. *excited!* I'm gonna be a monogramming fool!

Southern Hubby is throwing me a birthday party night. Guests were told to come as their favorite 1980's movie character. Since I was still a kid, I never really saw the classics until I was a teen so I just went with a costume I thought would be funny- Tom Cruise in Risky Business. I really wanted to be Molly Ringwald in the Breakfast Club, but I definitely would not look good as a red head! ;)

Southern Hubby gets to live out his bad boy dreams as Cobra Kai, the bully on the Karate Kid. We got him the black outfit and I found an embroiderer on Etsy that replicated the cobra design on the back of his uniform. I got some yellow bias tape and I'm going to try to put it on the border. I've never done bias, so I'm not so sure. I may just have to sew ribbon on the edges!

Wish me luck! I'll be back next week with silly pictures, of course! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy Birthday...to me!

xoxo Y

PS- In celebration of my birthday weekend AND the fact that my next post will be my 100th post, I'm having a special giveaway!! Be sure to check back this weekend for more info! Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment