Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No Such Luck

Hey lovies! Ok, so the USB drive never came back to life, but sweet sweet Southern Hubby surprised with me with a new laptop yesterday! I didn't even have to talk him into it! He is seriously wonderful! :) Unfortunately it won't come in until Thursday, so y'all are stuck with no new pictures until then. :( And I can still host The Smallest Blessing Thursdays, but I may not be able to get a good picture of anything new. It's amazing how much I come to depend on pictures to keep you updated with the goings on in my life.

Today, I leave you with a prayer request.

I don't know if I've told this story previously, but my college friend Kelly lost her husband a couple months a go to suicide. He was addicted to prescription pills. He tried really hard to get clean and do right by his wife and their unborn child, but the hold that drugs had on him was stronger than that will. He was high when he killed himself, so I really feel that it was not his intention to do so. They were in an argument and she was not more than 10 feet away from him when he pulled the trigger. I can't imagine being 7 months pregnant and witness my husband kill himself in front of me. She called 911 and held him in her arms while he died.

I made this necklace for her. I stamped their wedding date to celebrate their short union. A couple of weeks ago she gave birth to their child. Heidi will grow up without her father and my heart aches for her. And my heart aches for Kelly having to celebrate the birth of their daughter without her husband. I cannot imagine going through this. Please pray all three of them. I don't know where Cliff is. I don't know what he's going through right now, but please pray for his soul. Pray his little girl and the wife he left behind.

Today, I'm sending out another charm with Heidi's name and birthday on it. I know it isn't much but I want to show her that she's in my heart and thoughts.

Happy hugging on to your hubbies tightly!!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment