Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bedroom Makeover

Hey gals, today I get to unveil my bedroom project. It is still not finished but I had these pictures burning a hole in my pocket, err...hard drive.

I still want to do a decorators table to the right of the stuffed chair as well as some window treatments. I just haven't decided what fabric to use. And I don't know if I hang a curtain on each side of a window for a total of 6 panels, or one on either side of the center window and then one on only one side of the left and right window for a total of 4 panels. That made sense, right? :)

Anywhoo, here is the before picture...

Excuse the messy and uneven flat sheet. I didn't care about hospital corners that day, did I!?

I loved this bedspread. I got the duvet cover and shams from Pottery Barn and then used that color scheme to decorate the rest of the room. However, when spring rolled around, I thought it was a bit too 'heavy' and 'warm' for our bedroom. I needed something with a fresh, clean feel to it. I wanted something light and airy, so I came up with a tan, light blue and cream color scheme. I'm all about your master bedroom feeling like a haven, but so often, it's the first room that goes neglected because not everyone really sees it, right? Well, after 4 years of living here, we finally got around to it! Like I said, it's not all the way done; I'd still like to hang a couple things on the wall and maybe change the arrangement over the bed, but that will come later.

Here is what I ended up with. :)

After...

I am so darn proud of these pillows! I got the forms from Tuesday morning ($6.99, y'all!) and made the covers myself. The fabrics are decorator fabric from Joanns and so is the trim (which was a total bugger!) But it was my first venture into custom pillows and I was victorious! Do they look like Martha Stewart made them? No. But I'm proud of them just the same! :)

OK, so thanks to the Nester, I'm pretty obsessed with tassels now. I got all of them (6 in all, yikes!) from Etsy. There are some great tassel stores there! Most of them are from the Tassel House. It's just the cutest shop ever! (Thanks, Angela!)

I picked up this vintage dish at a small boutique in the area. I tried waiting patiently to find it at a thrift store or garage sale, but I never ended up going to any. And anyway, it was only $8 and I thought that was a pretty good deal. (Did I ever mention how impatient I am?)

Now, this pillow almost gave me a stroke. That fringe is just ridiculous to put on. I don't know how you interior designers do it, but I ended up with two bare corners. I had to take some trim and sew it to the back of those corners to make it look full. Looks fine from here, but I don't dare turn it around! I'd better keep this side nice and clean!

I went "shopping" around my house for a couple of new things to put on the top of the armoire. The only thing that was new is the blue plate. I got a wooden plate from Hobby Lobby, shabbied it up, wrote our name in paint pen and voila! A custom plate for under $10!

I think I'm going to make another Joann's run today to look for some curtain fabric. And I definitely want to check out Tuesday Morning again for the pillow forms... I've got a living room to Spring-ify! ;)

Happy re-decorating!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment