Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Smallest Blessings Thursday

This week, my smallest blessing is my newest cousin -n-law, Sabiha. She married Southern Hubby's cousin, Julius, who is also his best friend. Living in a small town in Michigan, they spent their childhood and teen years joined at the hip.

It was quite the dilemma when sweet Sabiha, a Muslim, wanted to marry into our huge Catholic family. Thankfully, God opened up our family's hearts and everyone welcomed her with open arms.

She came into our lives at a tumultuous time in our country. I'm thankful and blessed that Sabiha has taught me not to judge someone by their religion or background. I'm thankful that I don't look at every Muslim and see 'terrorist.' This adorable Indian girl is as American as apple pie. Born and raised in Michigan, she's got the cutest northern accent. And she says, 'pop' instead of 'coke' like us Southerners do! lol.

Her and Julius are amazing and gentle dentists (she made my teeth whitening molds!) They work in a very nice office in MI and actually have a couple celebs as clients and one of those celebs asked them to be in his next movie! I don't know what the movie is called or when it's due to release, but all I know is they got to spend a whole day shooting with Minnie Driver! How cool is that?!

I love, love my sweet Sabiha. She is my blessing for the week. :)

What's yours?

Happy Smallest Blessings Thursday!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment