Wednesday, May 6, 2009

And the winner is...

Morning gals! We have a winner!

I had absolutely no idea how to pick a winner by the random number generator site, so I just did it the old fashioned way. It was definitely time consuming, but more thorough to make sure that everyone got their multiple chances. :)

And the lucky gal is...


Congratulations, Kelly! Email me with your address and exactly what you'd like on your necklace. Visit my site to look at the two different fonts I have (Uppercase Roman and Kismet.)

Thanks so much for entries, folks! Don't worry if you didn't win. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot more Southern Charm giveaways in the future, so next time, it could be you!

Now, on with the regularly scheduled programming...

How did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo yesterday? I went out to lunch with friends for my birthday, then went to Joann's for some fabric. I recently discovered how to make custom pillows for my bedroom. I was in a big search to change up my bedroom and make it more relaxing and comfortable.

Often people will disregard decorating their bedrooms as no one really sees it. Well YOU do! Why do so much for others in the rest of the house and neglect your own sanctuary? I found myself telling people this often, when really I was doing the exact same thing! So, the hunt began for making my master bedroom a true sanctuary to me and Southern Hubby. I'll have pictures of it next week as I'm wrapping up a lot of mini projects in there.

But I digress...

After Joann's, I headed to the grocery store. When I got in there I saw a lot of festive Mexican themed displays and I got a little idea. Instead of spending money at a Mexican restaurant ordering expensive margarita after expensive margarita, I decided to throw my own mini celebration. So, I got what I could in the little time I had (SH was due home in 45 minutes!) and threw together a little tostada bar fiesta for us!

Although it wasn't much (I wanted a table runner, more themed dishes, and a cute centerpiece) I realized that SH would appreciate it all the same. My first instinct was to be upset that I couldn't do more. But God reminded me that it doesn't always have to be perfect to be meaningful. And He was right. After dinner, SH commented on what a nice meal it was and how he enjoyed sitting at the table just chatting away.

I took it as a lesson to be a more prepared homemaker. I need to anticipate and plan for things like this, no matter how big or small. There's always a lesson He is trying to teach you in your daily activities!

Happy winner, winner, chicken dinner, y'all!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment