Friday, May 22, 2009

Southern Housewife Loves...

Vintage wedding bands
When we got married, Southern Hubby bought me a beautiful platinum diamond eternity band. I love it. I absolutely do. But, sometimes I get scared that a diamond is going to fall out. Since the diamonds go all the way around the band, whenever I do anything with my hands, the diamonds are always affected. It gets bumped and poked and scratched, so inevitably I'm always taking it off.

I told SH I wanted a band that did not have any diamonds. One that I could wear while vacuuming, gardening, playing tennis, scrubbing toilets, whatever. And what better ring to get than one that was already a symbol of great love? Ideally, I'd love a platinum band from the Edwardian period. And I want it to have an inscription. How romantic to be wearing the words of someone's great love? I think my favorite inscription thus far has been the one that Edward VII had engraved for Wallis Simpson's engagement ring- 'WE are ours now 27 X 36,' with the 'We' for "Wallis and Edward" and the '27 X 36' for the date of their engagement. Does it get any more romantic?!


Sarah LeClere
If you know me, you know that I'm all about old fashioned, snail mail invitations. There's something about getting a party invitation in the mail, as opposed to an Evite, that just gets me excited! Yes, I've sent evites before, but I only do so in dire, last minute emergencies. I usually like to either purchase some at a favorite stationary store, or try to make them myself. (I l-o-v-e Paper Source!)

But out of all the designers, Sarah LeClere is my favorite! Her invitations are all so beautifully simple and classic. I'm still trying to think up a party theme to go with this sweet boot. :) That's right, I work a party around the invitation!


Devotional Books
When I first started my journey back into my faith, I never knew what a devotional book was. People had sometimes given them to me as gifts, and the always ended up on my bookshelf, unread. But as I began to realize that I needed to read His word daily, I saw that a great way to do this was by reading a devotional each morning and thinking about what it had said to my heart.

After a long search for a good recommendation, I came across Pathways to His Presence, by Charles Stanley. The minute I got it in the mail, I read the devotional for the day and I must say that all the good reviews were right! Love this book. If you're looking for an easy to read devotional that serves as a sort of 'instruction guide' to finding God in your heart, this one is awesome!

Decorator's Tassels
Did I ever mention how much I loved tassels? And roosters. And fringe. And ribbon. I did? Sorry. But I hopping on the tassel bandwagon. (Apparently, I'm the last one.) OK, so this tassel is perfect, and I'm going to buy it. Now.
If you want to learn how to make your own, I found a couple of awesome tutorials. Here's one. And the other.

***********************
Now, go find something that you love! Have a great weekend!
Happy Memorial Day, y'all!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment