Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tour My Casa!

Hey folks! Since I wanted to participate in the Holiday Tour of Homes this past month but was only able to give just a few pictures, I decided I'd take y'all on a tour of my house now- even though she's not dressed up in her Christmas fancies. ;)

This first room is my living room downstairs. If you can't tell from my pictures, I love darker warm colors. I'm definitely not big on the brights but I do have one bright room upstairs. I'm lucky in that both me and SH both have the same taste in decor, for the most part. We both love dark woods, wrought iron and natural elements like the stone you see on our fireplace.

We've lived here for about three and a half years now. We built the home right after our March 2005 wedding and moved in around September. It took me a very long time to decorate and come up with my scheme. I definitely still have much that I'd like to do, but of course it will take time. I'm always buying new things for my decor. I love updating, but I'm not very big on change. I know many of you like to try to move things around your house here and there to give it a fresh new look, but even thinking about that just makes my palms sweaty. One small move of a frame requires some major thinking for me and is bound to be a 20 minute dilemma. Yes, I'm that anal.

One place that SH and I love to shop is World Market. If you're familiar with the store, then I'm sure you'll recognize some pieces here and there. They have lovely dark wood furnishings and at very reasonable prices. I'm also in love with Kirklands. You can't beat their prices and much to SH's dismay, I'm always walking out of that store with at least one thing!

the view from the living room into the kitchen

Now, we'll make our way to my dining room. When we were looking for houses to build, I knew that whatever we got, it had to have a dining room that wasn't attached to another formal. I've seen many beautiful homes with dining and formal living areas attached but for some reason, I just couldn't have it any other way.

The one thing this room is still missing is a substantial piece for the back wall. It's taken us 3 years and we still have not decided what to put up there! It's a very wide wall, so we need either one huge long item, or two big pieces. Any decorators out there have any ideas? :)

And that wraps up this edition, folks! I've been feeling a bit under the weather, so posts may be a bit more sporadic and I'm trying to get around to everyone's blogs to see what's going on in other parts of the country, but I'm not on the computer that much lately. I'm hoping to kick whatever crud I have soon and get back on the ball. Laundry's piling up and I didn't even cook dinner tonight. Yikes!

Oh, but on a happy note, we did watch Fireproof tonight. I was SO excited that it came out today that I immediately headed to Blockbuster in the morning to snag it. And the clerk didn't even scream when I walked in with old sweatpants, my college sweatshirt, warm toasty Uggs, and my hair half up and half down. I didn't have make up on and don't even remember if I brushed my teeth. I was a mess! But I've been looking forward so much to this movie that I just had to get it. And it was well worth the wait. Very very good! Some of the acting was a bit cheesy but it was an amazing message! And doesn't Kirk Cameron look like he still should be a teen on Growing Pains? I swear, he hasn't aged a bit! It was a very romantic movie, with some comedy and action thrown in and we loved it! I can't wait to get started reading our Love Dare book. We picked it up this weekend at Barnes and Noble, but wanted to see the movie before we started it. Can't wait!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

Update: I decided to do this tour as an installment series. I'll be posting house tour pictures each Wednesday. Next week, the office and kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment