Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Homemaker's Haven Mondays

So, it's Tuesday- but I've been waiting for this meme to start for a while now and I'm too excited to wait for next Monday. :) I credit Stephanie's Homemaking Challenge for getting my mind back on being the wife that Southern Husband needed me to be. Yes, I was doing the cleaning, and the planning, and the cooking. But I wasn't doing it with a Godly desire. I wasn't doing it with a song in my heart. I was doing it because it was my job. But after reading her challenges and seeing that even doing the little things with a willing heart was blessing my home, it was rejuvenated! I forgot why I loved my job, and she pushed me to remember. :)

She taught me that the best way to start my day is to spend some time with God. The day after I read about this challenge, I got up at 6am and started my day with Him. That first day, was incredible. I loved getting things done and getting an early start instead of rolling out of bed 10 minutes before SH was jetting off to work with face cream on and still in my wrinkly flannel pajamas. Who wants that mess to send them off for the day?! I wanted to be a better wife and this was just the thing I needed. My homemaking spirit is so grateful to her and her fabulous blog.

On with the challenges...

Each Monday, Stephanie will post a challenge for you to do as well as give you an opportunity to complete challenges you set for yourself. Sign up on her HHM's post and sign on to Mr. Linky to share with others your challenges as well as to hold you accountable. Many people share pictures of before and afters so people can see the transformation. And they aren't meant to be huge things. You will never see me post a challenge to myself to clean the grout in my entire house with a toothbrush. Honey, that ain't gonna happen. But you will see me (and her) post small challenges that make a difference in your home, no matter how little. It's about blessing your home and your family- and doing it with a meek and gentle spirit.

My challenges for the week of January 12-16, 2009 are:

1. Finally hem the curtains I used to have in my dining room and now want to move into my master bath. I was going to just trash them or use the fabric for sewing scraps, but I realized they would match perfectly with the browns, greens and yellows in our bathroom. They just needed to be hemmed.

2. Work on organizing the cabinets in my kitchen one at a time over several weeks. Take this one for example. It's full of random dishes, platters, vases, and junk that we don't need or want. And look at my poor fallen rooster up top? What a sad little guy he is right now! Let's get this cabinet in order!

3. Vacuum the blinds in my living room, office, and dining room. (I'm so bad at doing this on a regular basis.)

Let this be the day you change your home keeping habits and do so with great joy and a song in your heart!! You have the best job in the world- blessing your home. No one can do your job but you. A blessed home also blesses your family and pleases God. Good luck with any challenges you post for the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment