Friday, January 23, 2009

Helpmeet SOS Needed

I am in need of some motivation and prayers as of late. I started this year off with such dedication and motivation in becoming the wife the Lord wants me to be.

I joyfully scrubbed my house, served my husband, was diligently reading my Bible studies on the Excellent Wife, and daily listened to a wonderful radio program, Homemakers By Choice. Donna is a wonderful and Godly woman and I have learned so much from her and gained so much inspiration. If you don't listen to this program, download the podcasts to your iPod and listen to them while you are doing your chores. It is an amazing program!

But lately, my motivation and diligence has definitely waned. I need to be going full blast. I'm young, healthy, have no children and have no excuse to be on the couch for half of the day! By the grace of God, my house has stayed in order. I do pickup around the house and do a load of laundry daily, but I miss that peppiness and 'go get 'em!" attitude that I had this past couple months. I have cooked dinner and lunches for my husband, but, like I've said previously, I want to do it with a song in my heart. It seems like if my house isn't already perfectly ready to go, then I just want to give up. I seem to make mountains out of molehills, huh?

I know every housewife goes through this once in a while, but how do you get out of it? Reading your wonderful blogs has definitely helped! But I need something to get out of this slump. I have a lot of plans tomorrow and one of them includes making those rolls I did earlier this week. I'm really looking forward to that. But I ask that you please, please say a prayer for me, that God enters my heart again and gives me a stronger desire to serve Him through my husband. Pray that he once again blesses me with the heart of a servant and to lift anything or anyone that may be weighing me down. Pray that I stop letting petty distractions keep me from doing His work. More than anything I want to be the wife He wants me to be, but I seem to be slacking.

It is very hard when the idea of perfection is tall, blonde, slim Stepford housewives. When people think of housewives they go to one of two extremes- frumpy Fran, or beautiful Stepford. How do you live up to those kind of perfect standards? Am I the only one that feels like if I don't have a fresh pie made daily, or am able to whip up a gourmet meal on a whim for unexpected dinner guests then I'm a failure in the housewife department? I probably need to go and re-read my post on perfection.
"Perfect is for him, not for me."

Thanks for sticking through this post. I promise to come back a lot peppier next time around. :)I'm praying for my routines and servant's heart to come back. I know that there is something He wants me to learn in all of this, but I just can't figure out what right now. Friends, please pray that I do.
xoxo

PS- I forgot to add that on February 2nd, the Martha Stewart website will be starting a Valentine's Workshop. As we all know, she is my domestic hero and I just adore her. (Remind me to tell y'all of the time I got to meet her!) Last October I participated in the Halloween workshop and had an absolute blast! We don't normally celebrate too much for Valentine's Day because I think we should celebrate our significant others every day, not just February 14th. And a couple of years ago, we decided to make our official Valentine's Day every February 15th. That way we avoid the outrageous mark-ups on flowers and candy as well dealing with the craziness of making reservations at a nice restaurant.

Regardless, I decided that even though we don't really buy into the "showing love by taking her out to fancy restaurants" sort of thing, I can still do a couple of extra sweet things for my sweetheart, right? He deserves some pampering every now and then, too. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!! Y

No comments:

Post a Comment