Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Day in My Life

Just saw this over at 50's Housewife's page and thought it might be fun, so I'm joining! This was started on Little Jenny Wren's page and she has participants from all over the world. How cool is that? I'd like to know what an Aussie gal's regular day is like Down Under. ;) Wouldn't you? Or is that just cause I'm nosey? ;)

I'll be back with pictures of today!

UPDATE: I wish it wouldn't have been today that Jenny Wren picked for ADIML. Today was utterly boring. I did not go anywhere out of the house and all I did was clean and look at my WIP knitting project that is still patiently waiting for me to have a spare 20 minutes or so.

So, I took it out of the basket by the couch and put it on my hearth so it is out in the open. It was out of sight and out of my mind. Now I'm hoping can be visually reminded to make a little bit of time for it.
Speaking of time, I picked up a little tip from Flylady. If you're a homemaker and haven't heard of Flylady, then you've probably been living under a rock. I love Flylady, I really do. She jump started my love for organization and order, but that website just overwhelms me. I know she even says not to- "Don't be overwhelmed by all the material on this site - take it a little piece at a time - baby steps." And I believed it until I signed up for her emails and I began receiving them on the hour- every hour! If that isn't enough to overwhelm someone (and over take their email mailbox!), then I don't know what is!

Anyhoo, I got this little timer from Joanns. I *think* it's supposed to be a coffee cup, but I'm not sure. It was $2, so I didn't really care what it looked like. When I absolutely need to get something done, or when I'm heading for bed and need to do just a bit up picking up, I'll set it to 15 or 20 minutes and just do little shifts of cleaning. I find that I get so much done in these small time slots. It's like I'm trying to race the clock to see how much I can get done.

Yesterday I signed up to participate in a cycling event that raises money to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes Type 1. You have to create a web page so donors can donate online. Somehow, I messed up my page so that it wouldn't send any donations to the correct fundraiser. I spent most of my morning trying to get fix my page on Active.com. I gave up and finally called tech support and they took care of it in no time.

I'm so excited to participate in this event. I'm sure I'll tell you more as the event nears. Please pray that I am able to meet and surpass my goal of $100. I know that times are tough financially right now, but I'm hoping that the Lord will provide.

Southern Doggy decided that while I was trying to figure everything out, he'd get him self a little nap. I swear that pup sleep for 20 out of the 24 hours in the day. But he's my lazy dog and I love him.

I didn't fare too well this past week as far as eating correctly goes so I'm a little scared at what tomorrow's Think Thin Thursday will bring. This morning I had a Slimfast for breakfast and a lean cuisine pizza with baked Cheetos for lunch. Ok, and a big spoonful of peanut butter. :( Tonight I ate a mini honeywheat bagel with fat free cream cheese for dinner. Don't let the words mini and fat free fool you- it's still cheese and bread. And those are two things I'd rather be 450lbs than give up! ;) So nothing more can be put in my mouth until tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get on the scale. I was telling Southern Hubby that I'll be glad if it stays the same or just budges to the skinny side. After my disaster dinner (and chocolate chip brownie and ice cream dessert) at Chili's last night, I don't think Mr. Scale is going to be pleased.

I will see you all in the morning with my results! ;) Sorry for my oh, so boring day. Next round, I'll plan a big gala event and document myself getting ready with stylists, choosing my dress and shoes, and preparing a gourmet 7 course dinner. It will make up for this sad little post. Or maybe I'll just take more pictures of Southern Doggy and show you how I clean my garden tub. Yeah, that sounds more like the post you're likely to get.

:)

Goodnight ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment