Monday, January 19, 2009

The Homemaker's Haven Mondays




Yay for another beautiful morning!! Look at what God gave us today...amazing, even through my suburban jungle. Thanks for joining me again this week. I'm so enjoying these challenges that Stephanie gives us and my precious home is liking them as well. ;)

If you were with me last week, you'll remember that I wanted to get one of my kitchen cupboards organized. Since we moved into our house right after we got married, we had all kinds of goodies to open from our registries! It was like Christmas for our house! Anyway, I apparently registered for a ton of serving dishes and what not. And they were all over our cupboards, in any nook or cranny we could squeeze them into. Look at one of my poor roosters up there- he lost his balance and looked like he knocked his little head. :(

So, I rolled up my sleeves and got right to work. And now this once cluttered cupboard houses my china as well as my Christmas dishes and Thanksgiving china.

Before:
After:


Isn't she beautiful?! And Mr. Rooster's head was patched up and I set him back high on his perch! Now he's able to do some cock-a-doodle-dooing and get me out of bed. :)

My other home challenge was to hem up some curtains for my master bathroom. They used to be in my dining room and I figured why waste money buying some for my bathroom when I had these and they matched. :) Sadly, I was only able to get to one panel, so I'll show you the before now and get back with you this week on the after.

Before:

My other challenge to myself was to dust all the blinds on my bottom floors. Sadly, I didn't get to those. :( I'm a bit disappointed but I know I have another week to do it! And sorry for the yellow in the pictures. I just caught it at the wrong time of day. I'll try to get some better ones next time around.

On for my weekly challenges....

My challenges for the week of January 19-23, 2009 are:

1. Work on dusting the blinds again this week. Does anyone have a good way that they clean theirs? I'm thinking just attach something on my vacuum line and go over them? I don't know. My last Dyson had a perfect attachment for the job but we took it back because it stopped sucking (yes, even though the British guy says they don't) and we just got another one but this Dyson didn't come with the same tools. Boo. :(

2. I want to organize and clean my laundry room. I'm quite mad at myself because it's gotten so bad since the holidays. It's a big ol' mess! I want it pretty again. (Or as pretty as a laundry room can get!)

3. Finish the other panel for my master bathroom.

4. Though this isn't a chore, I want to continue to do good about getting up early for those rare quiet moments I get to spend with Him. I'm thankful for them daily but they seem to get either cut down short or not happen at all when I wake up late and start racing around my house like a mad girl! I need to be more disciplined about going to bed early.

Well, that's it! Can't wait to see what the rest of you gals have going on for the weeks! And I want to see pictures, too! And thanks to Stephanie for hosting! GL ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment