Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A quick easy tutorial: my schedule, yet again

Hello my lovely readers,

I wanted to try *again* to post a picture of my daily schedule template. I know a lot of people could not open my file because it's in the newest version of Microsoft Office, so I just turned this into a jpeg file which means you won't be able to download and edit it on your own. You'll just be able to view it and then start your own schedule. I did this obviously in Office.

Photobucket

Here are the simple steps:

  1. open new file in Microsoft Word
  2. go to the "table tab", click on 'insert' and then 'table'
  3. or this particular table size you will need 2 columns and 3 rows; don't be afraid to add more if you think you'll need them
  4. stretch out the table; you will be able to adjust the sizes of your boxes
  5. Open a text box, then add the chores or listings that you need
  6. Continue to add new text boxes and place them in their appropriate places. And voila! You've got yourself a schedule!

Tips:

  • I like to add some fun fonts and little pictures to make the sheet look whimsical.
  • In order to format your text boxes, you'll need to right click on it, then go to Format Text Box; you'll be able to get rid of the borders, fill, center text, etc.
  • While you are making up your list of things to do, add blank lines in case you hit any unexpected chores. And believe me, you will. :)
  • If you have any questions, feel free to email me!
  • One last thing, I've gotten a ton of questions about my fonts. Find these gems at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ Oh, how I love me some Amanda! She's a southern housewife too, and would prob be my BFF if she lived closer- she doesn't have any children, she has two super cute dogs, she's an avid photographer, loves graphic design, and is just an all around sweet southern gal from Arkansas. You are going to LOVE, LOVE her site. Promise.

Hope this all works out! I will now get started working on the list of chores for each individual day. Thanks!

Happy grid making! ;)

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment