Friday, January 16, 2009

My morning routine

This past week I've been trying to get out of bed at 5:45am to get out to the gym. My idea of the perfect schedule would have me back at home by 7ish, work on Bible study and spending time with the Lord until 7:30ish, and into the shower by 7:45am. Southern Hubby gets up at 7:45am so I would be out and drying off while he starts his day. I'd put on some clothes and head to the kitchen to start coffee and start a load of laundry. I'd gather SH's things, pour him some coffee, grab a yogurt and apple for him (we are not big breakfast eaters around here), kiss him goodbye and send him off.

But now it's looking more like, roll over to shut my alarm off at 6am, hit the snooze till 6:30 or 7am, get up, check blogs, email, maybe get in the shower before SH, maybe not, and start getting him ready for work. I'm racing to make him coffee and get his lunch ready before he slips out the door. I hate starting the day feeling late and rushed but I can't seem to get myself up. This past week I have even been neglecting my bible studies and I feel just terrible about it.

Of course He provided a little path to show me the way again. While visiting a favorite blog, Biblical Womanhood, I came upon her post on getting her morning routine back on track. How amazing and I'm so grateful that I have the inspiration to do what I need to do. It looked very similar to mine, so I'm hoping to revamp it a little and start bright and early on Monday.

Yay for my favorite coffee cup! I drink out of this every morning!

The Southern Housewives Morning Routine:
  1. Get up at 6am. Wash up and get my workout clothes on down to shoes.
  2. Take out Southern Puppy to potty and feed him
  3. Work on my Bible studies, and prayer with the Lord
  4. Get in the kitchen, start breakfast and/or coffee, clean anything that needs cleaning or start a load in the dishwasher
  5. Start a load of laundry
  6. Spend time getting Southern Hubby off to work
  7. Head off to the gym
At the end of the week, I should post progress on how things are going and if I need to change something that isn't quite working for me. I know the easiest thing to get this going is to shut my computer off and do not turn it on until I return home from the gym. Checking blogs can wait until I serve God, my house, my body, and my family first.

If you need a little boost or a change in your morning routine, I urge you to go check out Biblical Womanhood. It's a wonderful blog full of wonderful information. Sign her Linky so you can see what others are doing- you may come across something that would work wonderfully for you!

On another note, I would appreciate some prayers for our little family as well as another family today. We experienced something a bit hard yesterday and we'd love some extra prayers sent our way. Good thoughts would be greatlty appreciated. Thank you so much, friends.

TGIF! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment