Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To monogram a monogram?

Saw this debate on Prep School 101, I had to chime my opinion in...

Y'all know I love me some monograms. And y'all also know that I don't like to wear any monogram but my own. So you must know when I saw this, I thought LV was going just a tad bit overboard.

I'm not a huge LV fan to begin with, but monogram on a monogram? Like one commenter said, I'd much prefer a plain black or dark brown LV in the doctor's bag shape with my monogram letters embossed. Now that would be classic and simply beautiful!

The horizontal stripes remind me of the Gucci's red and green stripes, which are indeed adorable. And while the 'choosing your own color combo' option has the potential to be darling, I think I'll opt out. Besides, I'd rather spend the extra $300 it would take to get this painted on (yes, it is not even embroidered!) on a classic and simple Kate Spade wallet. Thankyouverymuch. :) What can I say? I'm a simple girl with expensive taste! lol What do you think? Yay or nay?

Happy hump day!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment