Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Fall Decor: Living Room

Last week, I finally got around to putting up my fall decor. I still have a couple of things to do and a couple of project to finish but who knows if I'll ever get around to them.

I will full admit that shamelessly took several ideas from my favorite pie mama, Aunt Ruthie. That lady is the queen of decor and I want to be just like her! Did I mention that I love her? If you ever want to see my dream house in each and every season, just head on over there and you'll see it.

So, enough gushing. :) On with the pictures...


My mantle is composed of a couple of Aunt Ruthie ideas. I normally put my little crows elsewhere in my living room but this year I decided to put them on the mantle. To add to the country feel, I also searched high and low for vintage enamel ware bowls. I finally found the perfect ones on Etsy.


My 'hayride' sign was handmade by me. I definitely am not too fond of it, but it will have to do for now.



My 'welcome fall' plate was purchased at Hobby Lobby and spray painted with chalkboard paint. Love that stuff! I also used the infamous Chalk Ink everyone is up in arms about and I must say, it's awesome. The stuff works like it says it will.




And when it came to my armoire, I knew I had to duplicate her super cute "caramel apples" sign. The sign reads, "Caramel apples, pumpkin pie, Fall is here, my oh my!" Did you ever see anything more adorable?


Thank you Aunt Ruthie for your ever inspiring ideas! You are such a treasure!


Tomorrow, I'll be back with decor from the kitchen and entry way.



Happy fall! Man, I love this season! Off to get a pumpkin spice latte, y'all!


xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment