Friday, October 30, 2009

Detoxing


*photo credit: Sara Janssen


Just wanted to say hola. I have just a few minutes to post. My mother in law is in town, and last night my own mother spent the night so she could hang out with us. They get along swimmingly-it's such a blessing.

Southern Hubby had a work dinner with some Japan clients so it was a girl's night out for us. We enjoyed a good shopping trip capped off with a dinner from the Cheesecake Factory. That place is so yummy but my poor stomach.... I was up all night with a sore tummy.

Which got me thinking about Sara's raw food journey. I know I've mentioned Sara before. She is an awesome and unique woman...living the good life, following God, and doing it all while maintaining her own morals and ethics. She is an awesome steward of the Earth...she even made a deal with herself when she could NOT purchase something brand new for a whole year. And she did it! Can you imagine? Her reasons are awfully compelling...I just don't know if I could do it.

Anyone out there living as a vegetarian, vegan, or loving a raw food diet? I'm seriously thinking about at least starting to drink a green smoothie every day. She had a challenge this past summer but I missed it. I'm looking for another green smoothie partner....just in case my courage fails and I need some motivation.

If anyone thinks they can go through sugar detox with me, let me know! Sounds scary, but after the way I felt last night, I'm starting to think it's a smart cookie thing to do.

Happy Friday!!! And Happy Halloween, y'all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment