Monday, October 5, 2009

Preppy Blogger Club Mondays: Beantown Prepster

Welcome to another edition of Preppy Blogger Club! This week, we are featuring Beantown Prepster! And if you follow this little lady, you'll know that she recently sat in on Martha Stewart show! She was an audience member! LUCKY GIRL! Let's see what else this gal is all about!

1. How did you come up with your blog name?
I'd stumbled across preppy blogs last fall and I was racking my brain trying to come up with a cute one that involved preppy and Boston... I was on my way to meet a friend at the Beantown Pub next door to the law school when it it me! Beantown Prepster. It's not *that* creative but I thought (and still think) it's really cute!


2. What preppy item could you not live without aka the one thing you would take with you to a deserted preppy island?
Well I love my pearls, but I'd probably have to say a headband! My current fav is my cream colored headband with a huge bow I picked up in Oxford a couple of months ago. I have the most unruly, thick hair ever and headbands save my life! When my hair is curly, headbands tame it while still looking cute and when it's straight headbands keep it out of my face. Nothing says preppy like a cute headband!

3. Who is your preppy icon?
I don't know that she is necessarily known for being preppy, but Audrey Hepburn is my style icon. My Nannie gave me a set of all of her movies last year for Christmas and I also have a few books about her. Not only was she classy, beautiful and always put together, but she also was an amazing philanthropist. Whenever I'm in a rut and can't think of anything to wear, I think about Audrey and her classic style... Cropped black pants, flats, a sweater and cute accessories! I also love Jackie O. and often purchase pieces that remind me of her.

4. Where do you find your daily blog inspiration?
It's hard sometimes to find inspiration! I often write about my life, things I'm thinking about, things I see that I love, and things that I hate! I generally write about whatever happens to be in my head but when I get stuck I take inspiration from other bloggers (Thanks Hopsy!), the Brit, etc.

5. What is your favorite preppy photo of yourself?
I generally despise photos of myself even though I'm not bashful about uploading them... I'd say my favorite preppy photo would have to be the one of me the night of the NCAA tournament where my alma mater became the NCAA Champions for the first time since my senior year! I was rocking my Carolina pride the way only a prep can... with a popped polo and pearls! (Sorry it's a little blurry!)

6. If you could have one celeb's wardrobe including shoes and bags, whose would you get?
I'd have to say Reese Witherspoon. I think she looks cute as a button all of the time! Her dresses are always simple, yet stunning and she always has the cutest accessories when the paps catch her tooling around town with her kids. I also think that Eva Mendes always looks stunning too.

7. What clubs, societies, or volunteer organizations are you involved in? Were you in a sorority in college?
Through school I'm involved with NWLSA (National Womens Law Student's Association) I'm the Public Relations Chair of the Executive Board. I've also very recently gotten involved with the Law Student Committee of the Women's Bar Association. I also volunteer sporadically with CASA. This May I'll be joining the Junior League of Boston. (I almost joined this May but decided to wait until this spring to join because I was afraid that school would keep me too busy!)

In college I did go through rush (or recruitment as they prefer). I LOVED going through rush. It was the best memory I have of college. It was totally a blast. I was offered a bid and decided not to join at the last minute before initiation. I thought the cost was a tad ridiculous! All of my roomies were in sororities so I just went to all of their events and saved myself $3k a semester!

8. What were your plans for the weekend?
This weekend I'm heading down South to see my Nannie! The Brit and I are flying out Friday night to Charlotte and will be there until Sunday night. We're so excited. The Brit has never experienced "The South" and has no idea what he's in for! We're going to eat ourselves silly and I'm going to take him to some of my favorite spots in Boone & Blowing Rock. It should be a blast! I'm interested to see if he can understand the accents!

9. Describe your perfect preppy outfit. Don't forget to include accessories.
Whenever I'm hating all of my clothes and feeling gross, I turn to my favorite preppy staples. My perfect casual preppy outfit for fall is this:

  • A Ralph Lauren button down oxford (either my lavender or blue&white striped)
  • classic dark cropped jeans (or regular length)
  • Sperry Topsiders ( I prefer the Bluefish 2 eye boat shoe)
  • Navy cable knit sweater either layered on top or tied around my shoulders
  • Pearls in the ears
  • Wide tortiseshell headband
  • Big sunglasses!!

Stay tuned this week for pictures from camping, an update on Mr. Churchill and his fund and a some great upcoming giveaways!

Happy Monday! Love fresh starts!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment