Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who knew?

Sorry for the long wait- my sweet mother in law has been in town since Thursday and we've been on the go ever since. My momma likes to spend the night when she comes down, so we're usually dragging Southern Hubby to all kinds of good shops! One of her usual stops here is Half Price Books. (She doesn't have one in her state and reads about 3 books a week!) I don't know if you have one in your city, but I'm hoping you do. Not only are the books literally half price (or less!) but by purchasing my books there, I'm supporting recycling. It's win-win.

Anyway, I'm a pretty avid reader. I've always loved chick lit books. They're funny, girly and enjoyable. Unfortunately, they're also really vain and materialistic.

But thankfully, I recently discovered that there is Christian chick lit genre! Who knew? Also known as Church Chick Lit, it keeps the good qualities that I love about the genre, but loses the bad ones like promiscuity, materialism, adultery, etc. And it is supposed to give a great message about faith and walking through life with the Lord.
So as soon as we walked in, I made a bee line to the religion section. And there is was- two huge walls full of Christian fiction. I was in readers heaven! :) I picked up a bunch of titles that looked like so much fun! And the best part was that half of them were in the clearance section- $1, baby!

Just thought my gals out there may like to check some of these books out. I'm starting with The Trophy Wives Club by Kristen Billerbeck. I've been looking for this one for a while and am so happy I waited and found it used and for only five dollars. I'll let you all know how I like it!

Happy literary enjoyment!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment