Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Smallest Blessings

What a wonderful response I had for this meme! I'm so excited because, unlike Crafty Tuesdays, we can all participate on this one. Who doesn't have something to be thankful for? For those who were sad to see CT go, I'd LOVE to see what you did! Email me with a picture! I'm all about all things crafty so let me know what you're still up to. I will still be doing posts on crafts, it will just have to not be in meme form.

And let's try Thursdays and see what we get. I know there are some really good Thursday memes but as I went through the days of the week, something good is on every day! If this doesn't work out, we can talk about moving the date. On with the show...

The simple rules:

1. Post one picture that displays a small blessing in your life. It can be the bee that pollinates your garden to the swept up dirt pile on your floor (because that means you have floor to sweep!) Whatever you see as a small blessing, the rest of us might be able to relate.

I'm eager to see what people come up with, because heaven knows we all need the reminder that all blessings don't have to be big. Some are very simple but found in everyday life. It's easy to see the blessings in the big things, but how often does your husband get a raise, your daughter win a spelling be, or you win a free bag of groceries when you were already down to your last dime? When miracles like those happen, we are down on our knees with praise and gratitude to the Lord. But how often do we get down on our knees for sounds of your husband snoring at night, or fleece blanket that keeps your warm on the couch? The little, everyday things are worthy of praise and prayer, too.

2. Give a short (or long if you wish!) note on why your are thankful for this blessing. What does it mean to you and how does it apply to your life?

3. Link up here to Mr. Linky and make sure your link goes to your Smallest Blessing post, not your blog address. ( To do this, you must click on the timestamp of your post, after posting it. That will take you to another page with the full address- your blog + your blog post entry.)

4. Insert this banner into your post with a link back to my post hosting that day's Smallest Blessing. I've also included button you can put on your sidebars to spread the word around and let others know you are a participant.

I've given you two options for your button. One is a member button, and one is a regular button. Use whichever you'd like! :)

I'll be back tomorrow morning with my first Smallest Blessing post. I actually just took a picture of it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect! See y'all tomorrow!

Happy blessings to you all!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment