Monday, April 27, 2009

Making Your Home a Haven: Review and Check-Up

I'm so glad that Tammy is doing this. I can be honest with myself about all the changes we've tried to make over the last few weeks. Here we go...

Is your wake-up time set realistically, and are you being disciplined in following it?

If I'm being honest, no. I haven't been all that disciplined. I think my wake up time is set pretty realistically. I should be able to get up at 6:30am. I used to do it a few months ago with no problem. I LOVED my quiet time alone with God. Loved it. I wasn't rushing to do my prayer and studies before Southern Hubby woke up.

Is your morning routine functioning to boost your morning, or do you need to alter it a little?

I think if it was done correctly and on time, I'd have a pretty much perfect morning routine. It's just a matter of getting up in enough time.

Have you been doing your been doing your
evening routine? Do you need to change anything?

I'm on and off with my evening routine. Sometimes it gets done, and sometimes it doesn't. It seems like once I start my day off right, the rest falls into place. Go figure, huh?

One thing I need to be more aware of is my computer time. I've been better about not spending a lot of my day time on the computer so I feel like I have a million and one things to do online and the only time I may have is right before bed. Which leads me to...

Is your bed time working out? Do you need to tweak it, or just be more disciplined?

I think 10pm is a good time for me. And generally I do get in bed at 10pm but that doesn't mean that I fall asleep. I take my 'work' into bed with me. I bring along my laptop, my homemaking binder and any papers that need to get sorted out or letters that need to be written.

That all has to get done beforehand, because if not, then I don't 'fall asleep' until around midnight. I just can't take anything into the bed with me. It have to be more disciplined about that.

How has your attitude been?

My attitude has improved definitely. If I want to get in a sour mood, I literally tell myself that I can't be that way. I need to look at things differently. I'm more affectionate with my husband. I put work down as soon as he walks through the door.

But one thing I'm struggling with is feeling very 'unimportant' or 'unintelligent.' This completely contradicts with how I've been feeling since the day I started staying home. I've always been so proud of being a homemaker. I was never ashamed to say it out loud. But recently, I've just been feeling like I'm not making a difference in the world.

I have family members that are doctors, teachers, entrepreneurs, etc. I'm feeling very unimportant. I don't know that I making my mark on the world. I'm associated titles and money with importance and I know this is SO wrong. God doesn't care if I have a few letters before or after my name. He doesn't care if my name is in the paper or is on a building.

This is such a new feeling for me and I don't really know how to handle it. I'd really appreciate if you would pray for me while I struggle with this. I know that only bad is attached to it- pride, vanity, wanting to feel important, wanting to be recognized. I know there is a lesson in all of this. God is trying to teach me something and I need to be listening more instead of letting my thoughts run rampant. Your thoughts are so appreciated and needed while I work these issues out. Thank you so much, sweet friends.

Be back tomorrow with something fun I just discovered!

Happy routines!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment