Monday, April 20, 2009

Making Your Home a Haven: Setting a Wake Up Time

Hello ladies! Thanks so much for joining me for a new week of homemaking, crafting, cooking, and regular southern chit chat. :) I'm so happy that I got some great questions this weekend! I have begun writing up my answers and since there are plenty of questions and my answers are are so thorough, I will have to break them up into two posts over the week, with the first post being tomorrow. Last night I prayed that my blog would be used to help those who needed guidance in becoming homemakers. Southern Hubby and I both prayed that He would open your hearts and minds to answer His calling to be in the homes. I sincerely wish that my answers are helpful to those who asked or to those who did quite know what to ask or how to ask. And I prayed once more that my words touched women who maybe had never even considered being homemakers.

I really feel there is a waking up of women around the country. Working mothers are talking to homemakers and the buzz is spreading. There are too many children being raised in day cares. There are too many homes in chaos and frenzy (how many times have you seen those shows on Oprah where she sends in a team to clean up disgusting houses? Those homes belong to working women, folks! They aren't homemakers, that's for sure!) Our children are become obese because mothers are relying on fast foods to feed their children. They are too tired to come home and cook a decent meal. And I don't blame them- I know how it feels. When I worked full time, the last thing I wanted to do was cook for SH and I.

I can feel that women are realizing that somethings wrong with the the way their families are functioning. Slowly but surely, they are realizing that they were lied to. But so often they feel trapped. They need those two incomes. She has to work. Well, people lived on one income for decades. Did they have cable TV, McMansions, BMWs, cell phones for each family member, appointments for nails, fancy laptops, TV sets in every bedroom? No. They didn't. Sometimes luxuries aren't possible. But the women were home and the country was better because of it! God bless those women of the 50's who made do with what they had!

OK, enough about that. I could write on and on but I'll save it for tomorrow. :) On to Making Your Home a Haven Mondays!
This week, Tammy challenges us to, "decide what wake-up time would serve you and your family the best."

For us, I think 6:30am would be ideal. Doing so would give me enough time to peaceful spend some time in the Word and prayer as well as allow me to make Southern Hubby's lunch and get all his vitamins ready. When he gets us, so do the puppers, so I must take them out to potty, feed them their breakfast and dole out any medication Mattie might be on.

I'm not rushing, and my heart is in the right place because I started it with Him. I'm ready to bless my home and little family!

I so love these challenges! If you want to join Tammy and the rest of the girls, head on over to her blog. I'll see you gals tomorrow!

Happy sweet, beautiful Monday! The sun is shining and the birds are chirping in my neck of the woods! Are they in yours?
xoxo Y

PS. How are you liking the mini-face lift I gave my little place over the weekend? I'm lovin' the new changes!
PPS. Please take a look at the extraordinary faith my new friend, Becky has. Her comment today put tears in my eyes. I haven't met a women of such faith in a very long time. Becky, you are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment