Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dear Anonymous...

Since I'm always up to a good debate, I figured I'd answer this myself. And since you did went the 'anonymous' route, I've got to do it publicly. Of course, I'm going to try to stay as classy and lady-like as I possibly can while making my point. (But of course, that's just me. I have no idea what my homemaking readers are going to say but I do know a lot of them are fiercely passionate about their calling. And might be a bit more passionate after reading what you called them.)

From Anonymous:

What on earth has you so anti-working women? Do you not believe that God gives women talents too (besides cooking and cleaning?) I work full-time with two children, cook every night and volunteer at the school more than the moms who stay at home. If you drop your child at preschool and then go to Hobby Lobby and I drop mine and go do something productive for society, how am I not an effective "manager" of my family? My house is spotless and my meals are home cooked. You gals are seriously L-A-Z-Y and using this as a crutch or need to learn how to multitask! I know this will be deleted...flame away!
~Amy

Nothing on Earth has me anti-working women. My opinion comes straight from God's direction- plain and simple. Of course, I do believe that He gives women talents besides those of the homemaking genre. For example, I use the talents He's given me to create jewelry, sew, photograph places and people I love, volunteer and give to animal rescue, and many other things. Besides my jewelry, none of these talents make money, which I assume is one of the reasons you continue to work. Is every woman who works full time sinning against God? No, I don't personally believe so, but this is where He wants me to be. I know this. He called me here. Which is why I resigned from my teaching position only a year after I graduated from college.

And I'm not even going to dignify the 'lazy' comment with any sort of childish retaliation. I can only assume jealousy, but God knows what is really in your heart. Yes, I do go to Hobby Lobby; yes, I do have lunch with girls and get mani/pedis during the day, but that doesn't make me a lady of leisure by any means. I need those things to recharge mentally and spiritually. Being a housewife is a demanding job, whether you want to believe it or not.

Since you obviously are not a regular reader, you wouldn't know that I do not have children. I can't even imagine how much more stressful my life would be with a baby. I know that I could not keep my house clean, take care of and satisfy my husband, volunteer, create, have time for myself and work a full time job. Something would suffer- my marriage, my mental well being, my spiritual or physical health, or the relationship I have with my children. It would be impossible to do it all. I sincerely pray for your health. I hope you're sleeping enough, eating the right things, getting in some exercise, finding time to yourself, and most importantly, getting some time in with God.

If and when we do have a child, I sure as heck am not going to send my baby to be raised by some stranger who is just working at a daycare for money. I'd rather cut off my arm.

Unfortunately, there are some women out there who are single mothers and have to do just that and I think about them every single day. My sister is a single mother and I know what she went through when he had to take my precious niece to day care each day. She told me her heart broke into millions of pieces every time. I don't know what your situation is and honestly, I'm going to try hard not to judge your motives for working or for leaving your children in day care if you did, despite the fact that you judged stay at home wives.


With your full time job, maintaining a spotless house, contributing to society (might I ask what you do?) cooking delicious meals, being volunteer extraordinaire at your children's school, and whatever else you do that deems you mother of the year, I'm curious to wonder how much time you spend with your children, or better yet- your husband? Sounds like you are loaded with things to do and I didn't once hear of you playing games with your kids, praying with them, baking cookies for their lunches or any quality time in general. And I definitely did not hear of you having enough energy to go on dates with your husband, or give him a back rub, or mke him his favorite dessert, or have special "mommy and daddy" time. To me, being a home manager is not as important as being home, taking care of and having time for your family. If you are able to do all of the above things, and spend enough quality time with your kids, and keep your husband happy and satisfied, and maintain good health, then I sure as heck want to know what sort of pill you're on, cause I need to get me some of that!

Anyway, hope I answered your question and got my two cents in as well. It's funny how being behind a computer screen allows people to say things that they'd never say to someones face. The Internet is awesome when you can meet like minded people and form friendships, but it shows its downside in cases like these. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Happy HOMEMAKING, my loveies! Happy HOMEMAKING!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment