Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Smallest Blessings Thursday

Thanks for joining me for the second Smallest Blessings Thursday! Are you noticing how easy it is becoming to spot the small blessings now that you know they're out there and are looking for them? This is the whole point of this meme- recognizing that we are given blessings, big and small, every single day of our lives, and giving thanks and praise to the Lord for them.

If you want to participate this week, just hop on over here to the see the rules. They're super easy and we all know each one of us has at least one small blessing to share!

I love this look my sister L is giving to my niece. This look is my smallest blessing today. That look, while not always rare, only happens in the home, around family and friends. It's a look of security, confidence and pure joy.

It happened when I used to talk to my sissy in our 'secret language,' being absolute certain no adult understood us. It happened when I used sit and chat with my mama when she was cooking. It happened when my sissy S and I got in a huge baby powder fight one Saturday afternoon. It happened when my daddy would tell us a super corny joke and laugh at himself in pride.

And now that I'm grown and creating a family of my own, you can still find that look here. I spotted it when I caught this shot on my baby sister's 18th birthday. (Can I still call her my baby sister when she's 18 and will be a college freshman in the fall? And I saw it again later that night when we were playing games at the dining room table. Oh, and one more time when daddy told that same corny joke. Thank you Lord for daddy's corny jokes. ;)

Happy Small Blessing Thursdays, y'all!
xoxo Y



No comments:

Post a Comment