Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sisters on the Fly

So, ever since we started researching travel trailers, I began Googling everything that had to do with trialers non-stop.

I came across a cute blog that was both about being a housewife and vintage trailers. I was thrilled! Who knew those things were ridiculously cute!?

Ok, so maybe they start as diamonds in the rough. But after a little bit of elbow grease and love, they can shine.

You cannot tell me that you are just drooling over a Cat's *pink* vintage trailer. (She's actually doing a series on vintage trailer owner blogs this week. Head on over there asap to see all the cute pictures!)

This adorable one belongs to Mary Jane over at the Beehive Cottage. Now you tell me the inside of this trailer doesn't make your heart go pitter patter! By the way, her name is Button Willow.

And there is much more adorableness to be found....

And maybe an odd character or two..

And if all this didn't overwhelm my cuteness tolerance level, I happened to stumble on the Sisters on the Fly website. These ladies, who like to call themselves 'glampers', not campers, know how to plan a trip in the wild!

In order to join this fun group of gals, you must own a small trailer (I do!), have a love of camping (me! me!), love to have fun (still me!) and love having girl time (I swear, this group was made for me!). And when you do join, you have the chance to earn merit badges. How cute is that? And they aren't your run of the mill Girl Scout badges- these badges are called Martini badges, Cowgirl Finishing School badges, River Rats with Cowgirl Hats badges, Cigar Aficionado badges.


Each 'sister' gets their own number (Mary Jane's is #595 and Cat's is #997) and must name her trailer and decorate it with some sort of cute, kitchy theme. Many gals stick with something I'd call 'cowgirl chic' but there are other themes out there.

I guess you could call it Girl Scouts for grown-up gals. :)

And I wanted in soooooo badly. So, I told Southern Hubby that after we get our trailer all squared away, I want to start looking for a vintage camper. I'd love to restore it and make it super cute. In fact, I already sent in my registration and yearly dues so I'll be getting my number just as soon as they send it to me! I'm so excited. :)

And yeah, maybe I'm jumping the gun. So I don't have a vintage trailer just yet. But I swear I'm getting one. (The Bee Hive will do for now since it does qualify as a small camper since it's under 30ft.) And I need some other gals to get one, too! I want to bring some preppy 'glampers' into the group! Think of all the fun we'd have on those all girl travel adventures! It would be a blast!! :)

Eeek! I can't wait to see what my number is!! Head on over to SOTF and let me know what you think and if you're as in love with them as I am!

Happy trails to you!
xoxo Y


No comments:

Post a Comment