Monday, September 14, 2009

Preppy Blogger Club: Sweet Home Amy

It is Monday and time for the Preppy Blogger of the week award! I apologize for changing the day on you, however Friday was a day Kappa Prep and I felt needed to be solely dedicated to all the victims of September 11th and all our service men and women. We must never forget how lucky we are to be Americans!

This week we are excited to award Sweet Home Amy as Preppy Blogger of the week! Amy is such fun and always is sporting a beautiful grin (just check out her preppy photo below!). She is in the midst of traveling and moving her preppy self to a new city. Amy and I have become quite good blackberry messenger pals. :) She is always there with a kind word when I need it most. Love this chica! Good luck with your move, Amy- and bring some much needed preppy style to Los Angeles!!
1. How did you come up with your blog name?

I actually have a post dedicated to how I came up with my name. It derives from the song, “Sweet Home Alabama”, which is my home state. The name was suggested to me by a fellow blogger, and it just clicked. Since my divorce in 2008, I’ve been searching for a place to call home, a life to call my own. My blog is all about my journey, my personal search for who I am, truly and deeply.

2. What preppy item could you not live without... The one thing you would take with you to a deserted preppy island.

It would have to be J.Crew embroidered flip flops. I became obsessed with their flip flops back in college, and once I started working and could afford to buy more than one pair, I’ve only bought J.Crew ever since. I love the cute lobsters and whales and everything! And they are the most comfortable, just an added bonus!

3. Who is your preppy icon?

Honestly, it would have to be my best friend. She wears the best clothes, and it’s always so cute and adorable and preppy-to-a-tee! I used to always raid her closet when we lived together in college, and nowadays, when I go to visit her or we go on a trip together, I don’t bother to pack lots of clothes because I know she will pack extra for me to borrow!

4. Where do you find your daily blog inspiration?

From so many places. I find inspiration in my relationships, mostly. I find lots of inspiration through reading other blogs, and all their fantastic topics and ideas. There are so many great women out there blogging, it’s easy to find someone to connect with every day.

What is your favorite preppy photo of yourself?

6. If you could have one celeb's wardrobe, including shoes and bags, who's would you get?

I have to say Sienna Miller. I always envy her flawless style, it’s so relaxed and carefree. She has the best wardrobe, including the most awesome purses and sunglasses! Jennifer Aniston is my favorite celeb, but Sienna always captures me with her style.

7. What clubs, societies, or volunteer organizations do you belong to? Did you pledge a sorority in college?

Right now I am club-less. :( But that comes with constantly moving around I guess! In college I was so active, I was made activities chair for my sorority (Zeta Tau Alpha) because they knew I was already active on campus, and could easily encourage others to broaden their horizon and join more clubs. I love being involved in church groups, also; the work is so fulfilling. I have to say that pledging Zeta was the starting point of my love for all things preppy - wearing pink & turquoise all the time definitely pushed me in the right direction!

8. What are your plans for this weekend?

This weekend I will be on the road! I am moving to Los Angeles, and my boyfriend is moving to Alaska. We are traveling together for the first half, following each other to Colorado, then I will head out West while he heads North. I am truly excited to get to start this new adventure and see where it takes me!

9. Describe your perfect preppy outfit. Don't forget to include accessories!

Oh my. So many ideas! I would have to say an adorable skirt, in white. Then add a long sleeve top, cotton of course, and pearls! You have to have a pearl necklace & pearl earrings to be Southern preppy. I would wear flip flops, and carry the biggest purse possible! I love Kate Spade purses, and Coach.

10. What designer do you think embodies classic American prep and why?

First designer that comes to mind is Ralph Lauren. Everything is so sophisticated, clean, and crisp. I love the blues and reds and whites - perfect American style!

No comments:

Post a Comment