Monday, September 21, 2009

Preppy Blog Club Mondays: Being Mrs. Cullins

Welcome back to Preppy Blog Club Mondays! As you can see, Kappa Prep and I changed it to Mondays for a little bit because of some scheduling issues. If we change it back to Fridays, we'll be sure to let you know!

This week, Ms. Hopsy has chosen an absolute FAB prep! Her name is Lindsey and she is just as cute as button! And I'm not biased because she lives in my hometown, promise! ;) This lady just embodies the preppy spirit and attitude.

Ladies, may I introduce Ms. Cullins...

1. How did you come up with your blog name?
My blog actually started as a way for friends and family to stay updated on our wedding planning progress, therefore I chose, "Our Baylor Wedding" for the title. (We were married on Baylor campus atthe Armstrong Browning Library). Once we were married the blog name had to change to reflect the new challenges and excitements of being a newlywed. I went to New York with Kent's family about two weeks afterthe wedding, and while sitting in Mary Poppins on Broadway listening to "Being Mrs. Banks," I thought: Perfect! And "Being Mrs. Cullins" was created.

2. What preppy item could you not live without aka the one thing you would take with you to a deserted preppy island?
The wooden duck sitting on our coffee table, gifted down two generations now. Maybe it could be my "Wilson" on my deserted island, though obviously his name would be "Drake."

3. Who is your preppy icon?
I would have to say Grace Kelly. She was always so poised, with theperfect proportion of modesty and style. She's someone that any generation could turn to for inspiration, and she looked absolutely fabulous in To Catch a Thief!

4. Where do you find your daily blog inspiration?
I write about things that I experience, see, or read about in my daily life. When I learn something new, whether it's cooking, cleaning, decorating, fashion, or spiritually related that I believe could be valuable or helpful to someone else, I post about it. My mother made being a mom and a wife look so easy, but there are tricks of the trade she learned along the way. These posts are essentially the notes from my journey. Some will be more personal in nature, while others will seek a more general audience.

5. What is your favorite preppy photo of yourself?


6. If you could have one celeb's wardrobe including shoes and bags,whose would you get?
Could I just have Betty Draper's stylist, please. I'm obsessed withthe clothes from Mad Men, so tasteful and preppy...If I had to pick a real person, I would say Angelina Jolie (Mr. & Mrs. Smith era and beyond) She had a deal with St. John, which should be reason enough, but those emerald earrings would be awesome for Baylor games!

7. What clubs, societies, or volunteer organizations are you involved in? Were you in a sorority in college?
Kappa Kappa Gamma! I just moved to Dallas with my husband. We've only been married a little over three months now, and I officially walked the stage in August, so I'm just now getting aquainted with everything. I registered with the Dallas alumni chapter yesterday, and I hope to get involved with the Dallas junior league. While in college, I was a Panhellenic chair for Kappa and a Supreme Court Justice for the Baylor Student Government.

8. What were your plans for the weekend?
Friday night Kent and I stayed at home and watched Lawrence of Arabia. I made us a loaf of Pecan Praline Apple Bread. If you don't have thel atest Southern Living check my blog; I'll post the recipe. Saturday was a Baylor football day in Waco! Sic 'Em Bears!!!

9. Describe your perfect preppy outfit. Don't forget to include accesories.
Preppy wardrobe Fall edition: nude leather quilted Burberry headband, pearl studs and necklace, silk ivory ruffle blouse from Ralph Lauren, brown wool plaid Brooks Brothers trousers possibly with a Carmel colored cardigan and Salvatore Ferragamo suede signiture flats. Or you can substitute the cardigan for a sweater tied around your neck. Add the LV bag the mister gave me for a wedding gift and the pearl Yurman bangle from our first Christmas and I'm ready to go!

10. What designer do you think embodies classic American prep and why?

Definitely Brooks Brothers. It fills all the requirements: tweed, argyle, herringbone, plaid, houndstooth, seersucker, blazers, shiftdresses, GTH pants, oxfords, polos, cuff links, scarfs, and etiquetbooks. It also has a rich preppy history; I learned this summer that Brooks Brothers invented the seersucker suit. It's a classic brand that sticks to it's traditional roots. It never flirts with the trendy like Ralph Lauren and J.Crew sometimes do, but remains a staple for the preppy and conservative at heart. Can you tell I'm a fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment