Friday, September 4, 2009

Preppy Blog Club Fridays!

Welcome to our first edition of Preppy Blogger Club! Hopsy and I decided the best way to find out more about who we see and talk to almost everyday is to just have them tell thier own stories. :) So, we brainstormed several questions for them to answer, and hopefully you'll get to know your fellow bloggers better. :)

After much discussion, Hopsy and I have decided to go with Ms. Marianne over at her blog, Preppy, 50, and Loving Lilly. If you have yet to meet Merianne, then you are missing out on some FAB preppy finds and great preppy shopping suggestions. Sometimes she even posts deals for preppy stores. In fact, I thought I saw one recentely from Boatman Geller. (Mental note to Southern Housewife: use this code for early Christmas cards!!) We just love everything about this preppy diva, and I'm sure you'll fall in love, too after reading just a bit more about her.

1. How did you come up with your blog name?

The inspiration for the name of my blog comes from my love of Lilly Pulitzer and my love for preppy fashion. When I decided to blog I decided to choose to blog about preppy fashion but I felt that I should incorporate my age into the title. I did not want to misrepresent myself in any way shape or form. I wanted my readers to know that I am older and that I was not a college student. I read a lot of the preppy blogs for awhile and it took me a few weeks to come up with a blog title that I was satisfied with.

2. What preppy item could you not live without... The one thing you would take with you to a deserted preppy island.

The one preppy item that I could not live without on a deserted island is my gold charm bracelet. I figure that if I was deserted and could not have anything that I was used to having that having my charm bracelet would bring back the memories of all of the good times and momentous occasions in my life.

3. Who is your preppy icon?

My favorite preppy icon is/was Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Like so many women my age I always thought that she was the epitome of style. I remember being in Serendipity in NYC in the 1980's with a friend of mine and she was in the next booth. I thought that I died and went to heaven.te pt that she was the epitome of style. I remember being in Serendipity in NYC in the 1980's with a friend of mine and she was in the next booth. I thought that I died and wen
4. Where do you find your daily blog inspiration?

I get the inspiration for my blog from my fellow bloggers. You have taught me so much about myself and have provided me with friendship, spirituality and fellowship. I am also inspired by current events, friends, co-workers and family. My late maternal Grandmother owned a clothing store (haute couture) and she inspired my love of fashion. I find that someone will tell me a story or relay and event to me and I find myself thinking that this would be perfect for my blog.


5. What is your favorite preppy photo of yourself?




6. If you could have one celeb's wardrobe, including shoes and bags, who's would you get?

Angelina Jolie is the celebrity whose clothes, bags and jewelry I would love to have. I may not agree with Angelina's political motives but I love her simplistic style. Her classic look, beautiful makeup, classic jewelry and Birkin Bags make her a woman after my own heart.

7. What clubs, societies, or volunteer organizations do you belong to? Did you pledge a sorority in college?

With regard to sororities I am a graduate of Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs New York. Skidmore has no sororities/and or fraternities. My brother was a member of Cottage Club at Princeton University and parents were each President of respective sorority/fraternity. I am sorry that I missed out on that experience. I am currently a member of a Philadelphia suburban country club and am involved in my local community serving on both the Adult School and the Library Board.

8. What are your plans for this weekend?

This coming Labor Day weekend will be action packed with a trip to the shore planned. I am hosting a small lobster dinner on Friday evening ( I get clambakes already prepared in their own individual nets from a local fisherman). On Saturday evening I will be attending a cocktail party on the beach and Sunday will be reserved for outlet shopping and last minute chores before I return home on Monday. Monday is our Labor Day Party on our street at home (My street has five houses so the party is small).

9. Describe your perfect preppy outfit. Don't forget to include accessories!

My perfect preppy outfit consists of a Lilly Pulitzer shift with Ferragamo flat shoes or Revas. I would wear a Ferragamo headband in my hair and would wear my stack rings on my right hand and my large signet ring on my left hand along with my gold bangles on my wrist and my Tiffany diamond fleur de lis necklace around my neck. I would choose a classic Louis Vuitton Speedy for my handbag.

10. What designer do you think embodies classic American prep and why?

My favorite clothing designer that exemplifies preppy style would be Lilly Pulitzer. Her style embodies the classic preppy look in this country. It looks good on women of all ages and lasts for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment