Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where my craftspiration takes place

Since I neglected to show y'all my craft room's before and after shots from yesterday's post, I decided to post them today. But I must give you all a warning. What you are about to see is horrifying. It will make your blood run cold and make the hairs on your arms stand on end. Yes, the before pictures are that terrifying. Ladies over the age of 70 and ladies who are pregnant are strongly urged to take caution.

OK, with that out of the way, on the pictures!

The Southern Housewife's Craft Room before:
(when it was an empty room, then housed the TV that was so 'antique, SH had to get a new one, then became the holiday decor storage room, then my craft room)

It was indeed in a dreadful state. I'm so embarrassed to show these pictures! Thankfully it was only this bad for the months of December through January. Before then, it housed that ugly TV and the futon frame. It stood empty for the first 3 years we lived here.

Then my sweetheart found some time in his hectic work schedule to build the sewing desk he got for me. Since I told him I wanted a handmade Christmas in support of handmade gifts, he "built" this desk for me and told me that he also wants to make me a fabric cutting table. Did I marry a dream, or what?

The Southern Housewife's Craft Room After:

And here is what it looks like now. Keep in mind, it is NOT perfect. I still have a lot of things to do in here like organize all the little boxes with sewing notions, re-fold and organize my fabrics (Did I even mention I'm addicted to buying fabric on Etsy? I just love Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Joel Dewberry, and the like.), and probably about a hundred only small organizational things. The other sides of the room is still empty and all the Christmas decoration boxes are in the closet now.

Oh my gosh, y'all. I'm so just kidding. I think I would have a heart attack if this were really my craft room. This enchanting room belongs to Heather Bailey. If you'd like to see more of her studio, there is a link near the end of this post. OK, well now mine is going to look like the pits compared to this one, but oh well, it's mine and I love it! :)

I had just sat down to do a project when I took these, so the desk is already messy! :(

If you'd like, we can take a closer look at some of the things in my little sewing niche that I adore. The colors and textures in this area inspire me daily.

I have colors that pop!

And then there are those muted tones that blend in with their surroundings.

Don't you just love these wooden spools?! They were given to me by Josh's dad and they once belonged to his mother. Oh, to pay only ten cents for a spool of thread...

Now with all the beauty and inspiration around me, how could I not have given the area a spin? I mean, it was a given! So I decided to whip up and a small coin purse for my sister to put those all important laundry quarters that every college kid needs but never has. Southern Hubby got a bunch of quarters in change and we're going to put them in there and add it to a care package we're sending her.

This is from my Heather Bailey fabric collection. I love this girl! Her fabrics are precious and the picture on her blog are amazing. She really has talent in pretty much everything she does! Seriously, if you have an extra ten minutes today, go and poke your nose into her blog. I drool over her pictures and craftiness. Oh, and her craft room...we'll lets just say it makes mine look like child's play. ;)

Here's the finished product! I love that aqua and orange combination. I think I may have to make one for myself!

Alright friends, off to my homemaking duties! Hope the craft bug bites y'all soon!

Happy crafting! xoxo

UPDATE:

My shop was chosen to be on the Shop Local front page on Etsy! Whoo hoo!! (you may only be able to see this if you live in Texas. Not sure. Any non-Texans able to see it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment