Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy February, y'all!

Can you believe that February is already here? Wasn't it just New Years?! Craziness!

How were y'all's weekends? We had a very low key one. Friday was date night and my choice... so what did I pick? I told Southern Hubby that more than anything I wanted to put on my comfiest flannel pjs, get into our super warm and soft bed, order in from a local Italian restaurant, and catch up on our tivo'ed shows. And that is precisely what we did! And oh honey- it was wonderful! Flannel, carbs, and my guy- what more could a girl ask for?

I cleaned my booty off on Saturday morning and attended a party at night thrown by one of my besties. She made probably the best margaritas I think I have ever had in my entire life. Seriously. But I was DD for the night so I didn't get to have much. Better safe than sorry. Sunday was the Superbowl but during the morning and early afternoon I set to work on my craft room. I got 80% of it finished and I can't tell you how happy this makes me! Now I can sew, make my jewelry, and whatever else my heart desires in a clean and organized space! Eeek!!

I am happy to report that I did really well on my first goal. I think I made some awesome progress on my spiritual morning time. I figured out a way to journal and pray that I'm really comfortable with. And I'm going to participate in a Bible reading challenge, but I've decided that I'm not going to worry about finishing it in a year. I don't plan on dragging my feet, but I think it's good for me to not worry about time constraints. If I'm rushed to meet a certain deadline and I never do, I'll feel like a failure and it will completely overshadow all good that I will have learned. I really loved a line that I read in my new book. I'll have to look it up and post it here asap. It was very fitting. I'll go in more detail on my routine later this week. So, I'm going to keep that number one on my goal list because I value this time so much. And it really does dictate how the rest of my day will go.

You're going to laugh (and I'll bet you already knew this) but, I didn't finish my other curtain panel. HOWEVER- I don't think you can appreciate how bad my craft room was (when I moved it all in, it was the holidays and I didn't have time to touch a thing until a few days ago) so I might have to give you a glimpse of it. So I decided that I'm going to give myself a break, because this room took about two days and that was with dear Southern Hubby's help! Bless his sweet heart. As I said, it's still not finished but it makes a world of difference. I have a lot of little boxes full of sewing notions to organize and I'll vacuum and steam clean the carpet, but that's about it. And even though I didn't get to my curtain panel, I'm sublimely happy. I think I'll spend some time in this room tomorrow...

Southern Housewife's Challenges for February 2nd-9th:
1. Continue becoming comfortable in my morning routine, remembering that it takes 21 days of repetition to make something a habit.

2. Make my niece an applique t-shirt for Saint Valentine's Day. I already have an idea in my head and I'm so excited to get started on it!

3. Work on a care package for my sweet sissy who is a sophomore in college. Her freshman year I sent her some cute cards that had "Send cookies now! Love, Sissy" and on the other side I addressed it to me and put a stamp on it. So, whenever she felt like my homemade cookies, she'd just pop the card in the mail, and I'd overnight her some the next day! I loved getting them! It feels like just the other day I was walking the same campus she is, and attending class in the same rooms. I get a little sad thinking it was 5 years ago. :( And in the fall, my littlest sissy is going to be there, too!
4. Should I even put in on here?! Okay...I'll try to get to my curtains. Cross my heart.

Off to photography class!
Happy planning!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment