Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back in the saddle

Sadly, Southern Hubby's "Christmas" vacation has come to an end. He returns back to work tomorrow for three days. Which means that I now need to tackle this house that is in desperate need of attention.

SH and I have been pretty much lounging the entire two weeks, and I've been letting the laundry pile up, the carpets go unvacuumed and the bed go unmade. It's disgraceful of me! But after spending almost two months of being in the same house as SH but not really getting to see him, I wanted to soak up as much time with him as I could! We had the best couple of days being lazy, waking up at 11am (I know!!!), napping whenever we wanted and eating dinner at our favorite restaurants. We even went to IHOP at 3am because we were craving their pancakes! I think we reverted back to our old college schedules and we loved every second of it! ;)

But it's back to reality tomorrow...but not for long (K-biz, did you get that reference?!) My dear, sweet Southern Hubby surprised me with a quick trip to Mexico! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! This is a half Valentine's Day, half 4 year anniversary gift. Isn't he the sweetest!? (Our anniversary is on March 12th, so we're a bit ahead of schedule, but this was the best time to take it for him.) He deserves it so much- he's just been working his little tushie off and he needs some relaxation.

So, posts may be a bit sporadic since we will be packing and getting ready and since I have a monster of a house to clean. I don't want to 'pretty up' my blog for the sake of seeming perfect (remember my post on our laundry room?!) I want to 'keep it real' as PW likes to say, so here are some embarrassing spots of the house- just so you can hold me accountable!

I've been letting the kitchen bar just pile up with stuff. And don't ask me what the color of the fruit in the fruit bowl is supposed to be. Those are really badly decomposed cantaloupes. Ok, they're really oranges but they could be cantaloupes, they've been sitting there that long!

This was the last load of laundry I folded. And it's been sitting here on this table for a week. I kid you not!

Never put my purse up after I switched to the new one my Daddy got me for Valentines Day. And SH never put up his new toiletries bag I got him for the trip. They've been "resting" here.

Southern Hubby decided that right here would be the perfect spot to put his guitar and amp after playing with the neighborhood boys on the patio one night.

And I've got to tackle all these spots and more before we can get to these...






And more importantly, these...

Happy relaxing Sunday, y'all!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment