Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crafty Tuesdays- February 24, 2009

Welcome to another Crafty Tuesday!

Well, I tried really hard to get a good craft for you gals, I really did. But my viking had a mind of her very own. And can I tell you, she's being a bit of a pain!

This is what I was going for...

And this is what I got...

Well, actually, it's what I ended up with. :(

I started the project by getting a super cute and super cheap slub tee from Tarjay. Then I laid our coordinating pieces of fabric onto fusible webbing. I ironed the squares on to get them to stick, the cut out the heart shapes by hand.

Once that was finished, I laid them onto the shirt in what I thought was a good arrangement. Then, ironed those babies on to get the webbing to fuse to the shirt.

After that, I tried to stitch the hearts on. The original shirt's hearts were just sewn with a straight stitch to let the edges fray after washing for a cute effect. I was going along perfectly fine and had one heart down, and then this happened...

Ugh!!!Double ugh!!

I'm telling you, this Viking has given me so much trouble. I know my sweet hubs paid a pretty penny for it when he bought it for my birthday. It isn't even a year old and it's already been back to them for work. I'm going to have to find time to run this up to Joann's before our trip to see if I can get the ladies to look at it. I don't think I have to tell you how frustrated I am! It's the same problem time after time- something keeps pulling the fabric in and causes a big ol' mess inside the bobbin area.

Last time I took it in, they said I wasn't using the correct bobbins. Apparently Viking has their own special bobbins made just for their machines. And at almost $14 for 10 bobbins, it's not a very thrifty choice. Now that I'm using the right bobbins, let's see what they have to say this time around...

Hope everyone's crafts went better than mine! :(


PS- Don't forget to sign up for my Tucker Blair GIVEAWAY!!! :)

*All entries must be in by tomorrow at midnight!

PPS- Does anyone know where I can find the blog that was hosting the study guide/group discussion on Debi Pearl's Created to be His Helpmeet? I'm ready to start the study but am having some questions about Chapter 1's study questions. A point in the right direction would be wonderful! :) Thanks! xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment