Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Introducing Crafty Tuesdays!

Hello my lovelies!!!! I'm so excited to welcome y'all to my very first Crafty Tuesdays! Here you will find the rules for entering as well as other important info on participating.

First, let's start off with the banners. I made a few and just flat out couldn't figure which one I liked, so I'm just going to share all of them and you can pick whichever you'd like or you can rotate like I probably will. The one that shows the Proverbs quote is probably my favorite but I love cutesier ones, too. I guess just pick the one that's speaking to you that particular Tuesday. :)


Calling all craftonistas! Would you like to be able to post a picture of something amazing you accomplished this weekend? Do you want to show others that big ball of tangled knitting yarn in the hopes that someone out there may have seen what you did wrong and help you correct it? Are you looking for just a bit of inspiration or encouragement for any crafting you had in mind? Then you are at the right place, sweets! So, take the dust cover off the sewing machine, unravel your old knitting yarn that's been the cat's toy lately, or get that scrapbooking table organized. (We all know you scrapping paper-a-holics have piles on piles of cute paper everywhere!) And join us each Tuesday for Crafty Tuesdays!

The Easy-Peasy Guidelines

The Crafty Tuesday meme will meet here at Her Southern Charm every Tuesday. In order to take part in it, you must:

  • Post a picture of something you have created (not your aunt, uncle, hubby or kiddo). The more pictures, the better!
  • Write a few words on why you made this particular item. Was it a birthday present? Something that came out of a bored Wednesday night?
  • You can, but do NOT have to, make a tutorial or give directions to show others what you did. (Again, this is not a requirement but may save you some time, cause if it's super cool, you know you're gonna get flooded with emails!
  • Post one of the supplied headers at the beginning of your post. You can stay with the same one, or rotate them all. It's up to you.
  • Crafts can fall under so many headings- sewing, knitting, crocheting, embroidering, felting, painting, basket making, floral decor, making decorations for your home, photography, scrapbooking, cake designing, jewelry making, whew! There are many crafts out there, so the sky is the limit. If you were creative, inspired, and made the item yourself, then it qualifies!
  • Once a month, I'm thinking about having a challenge where I throw out a word, phrase or picture, and letting you, the designer, come up with something inspired by the word. How fun would that be?!

The Easy Peasy Rules

  • As a courtesy, please mention my blog and link back to the main page of my blog http://www.hersoutherncharm.blogspot.com/. Just think of it as the hostess gift you take when you attend those fabulous Southern parties! It's also nice to the other readers as they will know where to join in the fun!
  • Do not use this meme as a way to sell your merchandise. All direct sales links will be removed immediately.
  • Copy the "permalink" ONLY from your "Crafty Tuesday" post, not the link to the front page of your blog. (To do this, click on the little time date stamp on the bottom of your post. It will pull up that particular post and you can cut and paste its link into Mr. Linky back here.) This will make it much easier for others to find it on your blog.
  • Come back here and add your permalink to my Mister Linky box. Make sure you are putting it in the correct box. Don't switch the names with links.
  • NOTE: Inappropriate links, links to things you sell, links to inappropriate blogs, etc. will be removed per my discretion.

For this week, if you want to participate but haven't made anything just quite yet, then show us your craft space. Where do you work? Are you lucky enough to have a dedicated craft room, or are your materials scattered across the family dining room table every day but Thanksgiving and Christmas? Show us where you come up with your ideas and creations! We'd love to see them!

My entry for this week is a Valentine's Day shirt I embellished for my niece. First I bought a long sleeve pink shirt from Tarjay and got to work choosing which colors I thought were best. I originally intended only to do the circles and hearts and maybe a ribbon, but loved the outline heart that developed when I cut a smaller one from the same fabric, so I used it instead of trashing it.

I decided to go with the ribbon for sure since it needed some sort of umph. But I think I went too far with the embroidery. I hand embroidered Happy Valentines Day and I really did not like the way it came out but I was too tired to sit there and unstitch the whole thing. Oh well, it put a toothless smile on my niece's sweet face when I gave it to her yesterday. (She just lost her front two and is struggling with some words. It's so adorable!

And there you have it ladies! Can't wait to see what cool things y'all have in store for me!

Happy creating! Y
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment