Monday, February 16, 2009

It really was!

Hello lovelies!

Thank you so much for your uplifting words and comments about both the weekend and our wedding pictures. (Yes, those were us! They were taken by our WONDERFULLY TALENTED photographer- Marcus Revilla.) It definitely was a weekend to remember!

There really aren't any words to describe the weekend. I try with 'amazing,' and 'fabulous,' but they really don't capture it all. All I can say, is that you must go. It doesn't matter if your marriage is the best it has ever been, or if your days away from signing your divorce papers- it will change your life and your marriage. There were couples there that were married 50+ years, one that was married for 5 days, and one that was actually getting married at the hotel right after the "Marriage After Hours" talk (the ahem, sex talk.) We all got a good chuckle at that one!

The conference doesn't come cheaply, especially if you have to stay in a hotel for the weekend, it it was worth every penny. Make this be your anniversary gift. Ask for a gift certificate for Christmas. Do what you can, cause it's worth it. :)

I didn't get to take many pictures at all because we didn't have much time between sessions, so I'll post what I did take. I'm really mad at myself for not taking more pictures of the hotel as it was beautiful! (But the room itself was horrible! Thin, thin walls, an open water bottle my sweet hubby drank out of by accident, bad customer service, horrible valet service, and a few more. For me, it was not worth the hefty price tag the hotel likes to charge.)

Here are just a couple of images I snapped...

Heading up the escalators to the conference room- how gorgeous are those ceilings!? Heading down the glass elevators to the meeting.

This was the Riverwalk Cafe, a restaurant inside the hotel. I was so amazed how much this mimicked actual Riverwalk in San Antonio. It was simply breathtaking, the attention to detail.

The lobby area outside the convention rooms.

Even though we don't normally celebrate Valentine's Day, we did exchange gifts this year because it was a special year with the weekend. Sweet Southern Hubby bought some me accessories for my newest passion- photography. He got me a very cool backpack so that I can carry my camera and accouterments easily when traveling. I'm sure I'll look like a touristy dork, but oh well. He also got me an external flash that I've been wanting. Now I just need to learn how to use it!

But the best thing he got me was many, many little Valentine's that he hid all over throughout the whole weekend. I got them in my makeup bag, in the shower, on my pillow, throughout the workbook I was given to work on by the convention, in my pockets, on my seats, and I found this one in my workout shoes yesterday. :) He put them in places that I have no idea how he did it! He has good slide of hand, my hubby. On each one, he had written one thing he loved about me- even something about me being cranky in the morning. Crazy man.

Hope everyone had a wonderfully romantic weekend! Don't forget about Crafty Tuesdays tomorrow, so get cracking!

Happy Monday!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment