Monday, February 9, 2009

A Weekend to Remember



Folks, unfortunately I can't participate in Homemaker Haven Mondays or Happy Home Mondays this week. (I will be back to it next Monday though.) I've got a ton going on for the next couple days AND Southern Hubby and I have decided at the last minute that we are going to get away for the weekend! We will be traveling to the Gaylord Texan to attend FamilyLife's a Weekend to Remember. And I am SO darn excited to attend, I can't even begin to tell you!

We had our neighbors over for dinner Saturday and they mentioned they were going and told us we should attend, too. As soon as I looked up what it was all about, I emailed the link to Southern Hubby and he thought is sounded awesome, too! So we're packing our bags and headed to Grapevine, Texas. We've been to the Gaylord Texan for Christmas before, but we've never stayed there. (PS- if you're near the area, it's gorgeous during Christmas time!) So, I'm really looking forward to staying there since it's such a beautiful hotel.

How fitting to have a marriage enriching retreat over Valentine's weekend? We normally don't put too much thought into the 14th and like to do our own special day after the hoopla of it all is over, but we just couldn't pass this opportunity up. I hope this conference stops in an area near you so that you can take advantage of it. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to learn more about His design for a happy marriage that will last for a lifetime- not just until things get tough. Oh, and for those readers who are engaged, you can attend, too! They break you up to talk to topics specific to those who are about to enter marriage.

Oh! And I also wanted to give those that are participating in tomorrow's first Crafty Tuesdays the buttons, just in case you missed them. Please feel free to snag them and put them on your blogs to show your participation and to pass the word on. More participants, more inspiration and ideas! ;)
I'll be designing the header tonight so you can post it above your entries.

Talk to you sweetie poos later!

Happy hubby lovin'!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment