Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crafty Tuesdays: February 17, 2009


Welcome to Crafty Tuesdays, y'all! I'm so glad you could join me again. Y

As most of y'all know, this past week has been a doozy. Last minute trips and a small spike in shoppe sales caused much chaos over at the Southern house, so crafts went on the back burner. So, I decided to highlight some of my past favorite crafting. These two bags were made in the last couple years- one when I was a beginning sewer, so of course they aren't the most complex but I hope to get better.

My first bag was crafted after this adorable tote! It is from Pink Lemonade Boutique. Lisa's purses and totes are amazing and she pays so much attention to detail. I just loved the simple look of this birdy tote. I'm a sucker for birds, so I knew I had to make this!

I had recently made a a pleated linen bag and decided that it was just a bit too simple. It needed a cute bird outline that matched the interior of the bag.

Since this one had been given away as a gift, I got to work making another one!

And voila!

Did you know how hard it was to press linen on a bag!? ;) I loved the way it turned out. And it was the very first thing I had made using my new Viking, so I loved it all the more. I was sucker and ended up giving this one to my little sister, so I have yet to carry a purse that I made!

The next bag came about after a summer long obsession with going to the library. Southern Hubby and I went several times a week during those months and sometimes walked out with armfuls of movies, books and CDs. I knew I needed a bag to carry everything but I didn't want to use a plastic grocery bag time after time. How wasteful! So, my library tote was born! I'm not a fan of the print anymore, so I think it's time for a new one...

By the way, dear readers, visit your local library. Not only is it a good way to save money on books, movies and music, but more importantly you are recycling. Did you know that?! When at all possible, I try to buy used on Amazon or Half Price. I hate, hate buying new. Recycle, people!

There you have it! Now, let's see yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment