Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jellies and purple terrycloth shirts

We decided not to go to San Antonio after all. We would have been leaving right after Southern Hubby got off of work and would not get there until probably right around midnight. After that, I know SH would have to log in and work a little bit longer. Knowing that he'd have to get up early so we could start on our mini-trip just didn't sit well with me. SH has been working so hard lately. I'd rather he be able to actually enjoy a trip and have fun, not worry about what he needs to be doing. So, I postponed the trip. Knowing he's not enjoying himself lends to me not enjoying myself. Ahh, the complications of marriage...you aren't happy unless you know your other half is happy, too. :)

But all ended well. We got to go out to dinner with friends last night and I got to try the house's famous Mango'ritas. Oh. my. goodness. Were they ever delicious! And at $3.95 a pop, I didn't feel bad about having a couple. Or several. Or..okay, I had three.

And since I'm sure you've read all the Micheal Jackson tributes you can probably stomach right now, I won't go on and on about the enormous impact he made on music history. And I'll save you from the horror stories of me attempting to do the Moonwalk in my jellies {(oh, you 26-35 year olds know you had them, too!) Suffice it to say that plastic shoes do not stand up to heavy friction very well.} But I did want to cast my vote on the top 3 MJ songs.

In no particular order, they are:

1. Billie Jean
2. P.Y.T
3. Rock with You
* The Girl is Mine (with Paul McCartney)

I threw in his duet with Paul McCartney because I absolutely adore the way Mr. McCartney says the word "lover" in it. Me + British accents = several girly giggles and a wistful eyes.

The Southern Housewife, circa 1985

Here's to you, Mr. Jackson. Thank you for some wonderful memories, the catchy songs and for changing the world through your music. I'll always remember how cool I thought you were for making a light come on each block you stepped on in Billie Jean. I didn't understand why the kid wasn't your son and I still don't, but you made the 80's a cool decade to have grown up in. I hope that people remember you as the King of Pop, not as who the media portrayed you to be, or the allegations against you.

"So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another..." (Romans 14:12-13)
Happy Saturday folks,
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment