Monday, June 22, 2009

Aniston's Cafe and a Cute Craft

I hope everyone had an awesome Father's Day!

My family, grandparents and godparents came over last night for a big ol' BBQ cookout- steaks, burgers, grilled corn on the cob, potatoes, the works! It was fab and yummy. :) And I was so happy to see my kitchen bustling with the women and aprons in my life.

Each father was served a big, juicy steak which is the tradition around here. Other than eat and gab, we didn't really do much of anything and daddy seemed to have a great time just relaxing and enjoyed being around loved ones. That is what Father's Day is about, after all.

I also wanted to share the little project I have going for today. As most of you know, I don't have children. My dogs are my babies. But the only real baby I have in my life is my niece, Aniston. Okay, so she's not a baby anymore. I don't think 8 years constitutes a baby, but a sentimental aunt can pretend, can't she?

Anyway, a while back, I tried to carve out a little play area for her. With a decidedly child- unfriendly house, I figured she'd appreciate this little area just for her when she comes over. So as of now, we both share my craft room. :)

I set up a little wooden table in there for her and got her a darling tea set. Somehow that made it's way into a restaurant which required some quick thinking on the aunt's part. I typed up printed a cute little menu with easy to add and subtract number totals (once a teacher, always a teacher I guess) and laminated them for her to use over and over. She loves getting out her pad and pen and playing "Aniston's Cafe" whenever she comes for a visit. Somehow each one of us gets suckered into becoming a customer at this little eatery. Which is fine. Cause the food is delicious and the service is great. ;)

But after looking at her playing last night, I realized she was missing a couple things that might make it a bit more fun. I figured I could fashion up some little place mats, napkins and maybe even a waitress apron. We'll see what this ol' aunt can get done on this busy Monday morning.

Happy Monday, ya'll!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment