Friday, June 12, 2009

Disturbing.

I just have to laugh at how strongly people feel about using your husband's name. I received several not so nice emails and comments about how old-fashioned I sounded by wanting to use my husband's name. One anonymous girl (Again, why anonymous? I just don't get that.) said it was 'disturbing'. I couldn't help but giggle when I read that one. Disturbing?

Although these emails were in the minority, I make no apologies for wanting to keep tradition and show my husband respect by using his name. Does this mean that girls that don't do this don't respect their husbands? Does it mean that girls that don't like to be called Miss are of loose morals.? Come on, now. Did I say that, ladies?
My husband does not feel superior to me because I like to call myself, Mrs. Southern Hubby. He doesn't see me as his object or possession. That's absurd. If you are worried that your husband views you like this, then you have bigger problems than salutations. A good marriage is one of mutual respect. A man feels love through respect. Plain and simple. Shaunti Feldhahn, author of "For Women Only" found through her research that and would actually prefer to be respected by everyone and loved by no one.

To me, acknowledging that his name speaks for mine, is a way that I show respect to my husband. However, it's not the only way show respect. This is what works for us. This is how we feel in line who He made us to be. I'm not a doormat of a wife. I do have a say in what goes on in our household. But it is because I show respect to my husband, that he cherishes me and values my opinions. We are equals. However, the decision is ultimately lies with him.

Thank you to those gals who voiced differences of opinions in a respectful way. It is comments like that that actually make me look at the other side to see things how they see them. Those comments that go on a tirade about how disturbing it is, I just gloss over.

Anyway, I also wanted to say praise the Lord for the Atlanta Falcons releasing dog killer, Michael Vick! Now, let's keep our fingers crossed that this murderer is not reinstated to the NFL. He had a wonderful opportunity and tossed it away. After an investigation by the USDA, it was revealed that Michael Vick was not only responsible for the dog fights, but had also, "electrocuted, strangled, drowned, and shot dogs," as well as slam them "to the ground which broke their backs and necks and caused them to suffer a particularly painful, slow death."*

Now THAT is what I call disturbing.

For more info on how you can help keep this monster out of the NFL and away from being a role model for children, please click here.

I think I'll wear my cute PETA shirt today in support of that decision!

Happy Friday, ladies!
xoxo Y


*letter from PETA president, Ingrid Newkirk, to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell

No comments:

Post a Comment