Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Has Arrived!


Hey everyone!

Today is the first official day of spring! How fun! (Look, my much my hydrangea plant has grown!) Now, fall and winter are definitely my favorite times of year (guess cause Texas is such a scorcher in the summers) but I am sort of ready to start seeing my hydrangeas bloom and to start getting my patio chairs back outside and ready for cookouts. Oh, and two of my best friends have swimming pools at their houses, so that gives summer a little boost. Good thing I kept them around all these years. ;)

Before I get on to talking about the challenge, I wanted to share a little lesson I learned about letting a 7 year old try to crack eggs when making Sunday dinner. It goes something like this...

But my niece looked so stinkin' cute in my apron, how could I be mad?!

So, we cleaned the mess up, and tried again. Ever patient Southern Hubby gave her a couple of tips and she was successful!

Now, on with business! How is everyone doing on the 21 Day Challenge? Are we getting closer to making these things habits?

This morning was actually the first morning of the week that I did not wake up early. I don't know why but I just kept hitting snooze. Maybe it was because I had two cuddly gentleman in bed with me and I just couldn't bear to leave them. :)

But other than that, I've been doing great at most of the goals I've given myself. Our floors are clean, the bed has been made every day, there is not a crazy pile of laundry because I do one load (and fold and put it up!) each day, I've made awesome lunches for my husband, and I'm trying to keep my disposition a sweet and positive one. I think that's just as important as cleaning. One crabby wife = one unpleasant home. And that is the truth!

The only thing I haven't been able to discipline myself enough to do is the gym! I just can't seem to get my behind into that building! I don't know what it is. (actually I do- I hate working out.) I even went grocery shopping yesterday to avoid going to the gym. And I hate grocery shopping!! Now that's pretty bad!

I hope to see some pictures of things you've done this upcoming Monday! I can't wait to read about how y'all are on your way to becoming efficient wives!!! And I'll be posting a blog roll of participants as well, so it will be easier to seek out the girls to give encouragement to.

Happy Weekend y'all!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment