Monday, March 2, 2009

The Southern Family and the Riviera Maya

Even though we just got back from vacation, it's really nice to be home. We thrive under routines, so it was good to be able to snuggle up last night with my Southern puppy and a (still) red Southern Hubby. Oh, the simple things God blesses you with.

We've been all over the Caribbean side of Mexico except Cancun, so we figured we may as well give it a try. After first making a reservation on the Cancun side, we decided we didn't want to deal with a bunch of drunk, noisy teenagers so we switched to the Riviera Maya side and made reservations at the Iberostar Paraisio Maya. The grounds were breathtaking at times. This hotel really put in every detail they could think of! The staff was friendly and warm as expected. There were too many pools to count and I got to have all the pina coladas I could handle. It was great to be able to reconnect to SH after such a tough few months. He really needed this.

All in all, it was a wonderful 4 days. :) Here are just a couple of pictures. For some reason, my camera and I just weren't 'clicking.' (Get it!? hee hee) So I'm not too fond of the pictures I took. I don't know what's up with it. Maybe I need to get out there more and practice.

Well, I'm off to get my bags unpacked and get my house somewhat back in order! Hope everyone had a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

Happy Monday!
xoxo Y



I wanted to sneak this bench into one of my suitcases and take it back with me to Texas. Loved it!

Our Junior Suite was bigger than SH first apartment! Lol!

isn't he the cutest!?
beautiful and secluded pathways everywhere!


PS- The Apronista is having a great apron giveaway. Head over there to enter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment