Sunday, March 8, 2009

Southern Weekends and Homemaker Mondays

We had a great time this weekend. As always, they go by so quickly!

Friday I was able to play around with my {early} anniversary gift. :) Southern Hubby upgraded my camera to the Canon EOS XSi and I'm already in love. My friend K, was able to purchase my former DSLR to pursue her budding photography hobby, so as sad as I was to see it go, I was happy that she was able to use it as it is still a very good camera with only one year of use under its sweet belt.

Our good friends had to go out of state very suddenly to attend a funeral (please keep them in your prayers) so we volunteered to babysit their dog, Rissy. She is such a sweet dog, and Southern Doggy just loves having her around. Well, except when Rissy decides that she want to snuggle with his mommy, and he won't have any of that!

This gave me a great chance to have a little photo shoot using my new camera and a new model!

Saturday night we attended a Saint Patty's day themed birthday party for one of my best girl friends. She is a hoot and I absolutely love hanging out with her. I wore my green Lilly polo although I was contemplating making a green clover applique shirt...then I remembered my poor sewing machine was still being naughty and I haven't been able to take her in to get checked out! So, there went that idea!

This is my friend A on the left. She has been my best friend since the 7th grade. Now, that was back in 1992, so that makes us... way too old! She pretty much knows all there is to know about me and I love her oh so much!

Me and my precious Southern Hubby.

Edit: I'm back for Homemaker Mondays! {Happy Home Mondays and Homemaker Haven}

God has given us another wonderful Monday and I'm actually itching to get to my housework! :) I'm happy to be able to participate in the Homemaker Monday carnivals, as I've missed a couple weeks of it and my routine is showing it!

I've got my coffee.

The buds are beginning to emerge on my beautiful hydrangea flowers. And all is well with my world. :)

This week, I really want to concentrate on floors. I'd like to steam clean the carpets and of course, do the mopping in the foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, and laundry area. Other than that, everything else I can do this week will be icing on the cake.

Steam cleaning my carpets is such a pain and takes forever, but I love knowing that they're may be less of the germies hiding out somewhere in my house.

Happy Monday Cleaning, folks!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment