Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Making Your Home a Haven- Setting My Bedtime

Sorry this was late, y'all. I'll be doing this on time after next week's end to the 21 Day Challenge. :)

This week's challenge is setting your bedtime. Now this is one thing this Southern girl does not have regulated. I go to bed when I choose and please and after I've done all the fun things I didn't get to do over the course of the day. Of course, getting to bed at my regular time, around 11:30-11:45pm, ensures that this southern gal will have one heck of a time getting up in a cheerful mood the next morning.

I spent a little bit of time thinking about a routine that may help me get settled in for the night. I'm hoping that by making this a regular thing, I'll be performing some classical conditioning on myself and my mind will start triggering the sleepies when these tasks are being performed.

The Southern Housewife's Nightly Routine:

  • After dinner, make sure to clean up the kitchen, sweeping the floor, disinfecting the counters, rinsing and putting the dirty dishes into the dishwasher, and making sure my sink is empty and shiny!
  • Do a quick 15 minute clean up. (pick up clutter, arrange sofa pillows, clear the kitchen bar aka catch all for mail, keys, purse, misc., empty replacing, etc.)
  • Change into pajamas.
  • For the next two weeks from 9pm to 9:30pm, Southern Hubby and I signed up at church to pray together for the needy in our community. Each Sunday, we will be drawing a family (last name only) to pray for as well.
  • Do my nightly face regimen and brush teeth.
  • Take my vitamins and any medications.
  • Read over my schedule for tomorrow. Write down any special errands or chores that need to be done.
  • Praying with my hubby. Lately we've been reading Moments with You by Barbara and Dennis Rainey from FamilyLife, which y'all know I love with a capital L!
  • Snuggle up with Southern Puppy and get some beauty rest!

And there ya have it! Might be a little bit too detailed, but we all know I'm a type A personality (say it with me: "with a capital A!")

Happy sleepy time, y'all!

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment