Saturday, July 18, 2009

Q & A Part 2: Tassels, Moms and Paint Colors

Thanks for coming back! Here are the last few questions. I left out those that had already been answered previously, so check back in the archives if your question wasn't answered. :)


Did you relationship with your mom change after you got married?

The majority of my relationship changes occurred when I went off to college. Before I did, my mother and I butted heads all the time. Our relationship was very tumultuous. We were the same, her and I- stubborn, spoiled, opinionated, did I mention stubborn?

Since I left the house, I think we've both mellowed out. Meeting Southern Hubby has had such an amazing impact on my personality. Marrying him made me put someone else first for once. When I became a wife, I got involved in my Catholic church and once again became interested in my faith and strengthening my relationship with God. My mother has used this time to age wisely- realizing that the little things that tended mess up her day weren't that big of a deal. We both used to be pretty high strung (okay, I still struggle with this) but my mother has really become a more calm and relaxed person.

That being said, we don't fight as much anymore. I see all the stuff she did for me and see that it was for my own good, not because she wanted to ruin my life. I guess you could say I grew up a bit. I definitely wish she we were closer, wish she cried when she saw me in my wedding dress for the first time, wish she came over more often, wish she wanted to go shopping, or to lunch. But I don't think that's the type of relationship we have, for whatever reason. All I can do is pray about it- leave it in God's hands. It is this way for a reason and I don't know what that reason is yet.

I could go into it further, but I'd have to make an emergency appointment with my shrink for Monday. ;)

You poor dear, another household management question! ;) I was wondering what program you used to create your daily schedule- Excel, Word, or something else?

Oh, Lulu! I used Microsoft Word to create my schedule. You can find a picture of it here. But for some reason I wasn't able to get it onto Adobe so that other people can download it. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? I'd send you a thousand air kisses! I probably should put out another one, as I've changed it up a bit here and there.

I want the sweater you have in the picture with your friends! It's absolutely darling! And your headband matches so well! Where did you get it?

Thanks so much! I love that sweater, too. Both are actually from J.Crew. But they were purchased a couple of years ago. :( I love fashion, but don't like to buy things that are trendy. My style is more preppy classic so that I am able to wear them season after season. And I don't mind spending a little bit more if it's made well because I know it will last a lot longer.

I don't have a blog account but I wanted to know where you get your tassels from. Did you ever get that one you showed us a couple months ago? I really like the way they look.

I make no attempt at hiding my tassel obsession. To date, I have one on every lamp on my downstairs floor. Yes, this is a bit much but I did use the word obsession, didn't I?

My latest tassel gems came from this wonderful Etsy shop! Her name is Megan and her shop is Megitys. I love love love her tassels. You can tell they are made with the best materials and her talent is plainly obvious in the craftsmanship. We did a little trade, some necklaces for some tassels and it was the best decision. And I just headed over there the other day for little looksie and she's having a sale! :) Shop away!

Happy Saturday, y'all! Go pick some flowers and put them in your hair. :)

xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment