Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine's Decor: Chalkboard Edition

Yes, I know it's only January. But I put up a few Valentine's decorations. {Heavy stress on a few!} I put just a couple things throughout the house. I definitely don't do it up for holidays other than Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Indulge me if you will...


I got this ceramic plate from Hobby Lobby and painted the center with chalkboard paint.  I weaved some red plaid ribbon through it, wrote a cutesy message on it and called it good. :) I had the ribbon and paint already Total price: $3 for the plate


Here's yet another chalkboard that I always change with the seasons. I got this one at Hobby Lobby, too. It comes pre-made so I just stained, then distressed the wood around it. Easy  peasy. {Did I ever mention how in love and addicted I am to chalkboards?}

Of course I use the chalkboard markers. They come off easy with the Magic Eraser and look so much cleaner than regular chalk.

Total price: $5 for the candle from Hemispheres; the frame I already had

Like I said, I definitely don't do it up big. But, I've got a couple more little decorations I'll post soon.

Do you have anything Valentine's Day related up yet? Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment