Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Southern Finds

Sometimes I stop by some really delightful blogs that really get my attention. A lot of the times, they aren't the most visible blogs, but are sure to be up and coming. Here are a couple I saw this week.

With the summer coming to an end, I've really been in the entertaining mood. Southern Hubby and I are thinking about throwing a Labor Day party. Sounds like fun, but I know me- I'm going to start worry about making this party perfect, which obviously does not exist. I guess this is why this post written by Sandy Toes, really caught my eye. I think I've missed out on so many fun moments in my home because of my perfectionism. I'm not Martha Stewart, and my guests don't expect me to be.





If I ever become a mother, I hope I'm just like Ms. Melissa Lester from A Little Loveliness. She realizes the important role she has as head creator of making special memories for her family. One of the ways she does this is by making entertaining her family just as important, if not more, than all her adult parties. In this post (which made me a devoted reader) She disguises this normally unwelcomed dinner of leftovers as the setting for 'Mom's Cafe.' She gets in the character of a waitress with her husband and the cafe cook. The kids loved it and didn't once mention anything about leftovers. I know those kids will store that night in an overflowing treasure trunk of memories, all made with family.


If you are at all familiar with the preppy blog club, you already know about Miss Janice. Our resident ettiquette expert is also a fabulous and gracious entertainer. Her porch parties must be legendary. But the party I love the most is the one she did for her husband to celebrate the Masters.
The detail put into this simple meal undoubtedly made her husband, as well as guests, feel very special. And after all, isn't that one of the main reasons we entertain? I have been on Team Miss Janice since the beginning and her creative genius keeps me coming back for more!
****************************************

Ok, I *think* this is it gals. I finally got my schedule to where all can see it. (knock on wood) I did many things which did not work and after a couple hours, I just had to do a screen capture, save it as a jpeg file and then upload it to Photobucket. Fancy schmancy. Didn't you know I had some crazy mad computer skills? Unfortunately, you can't download it and edit it make it your own, but I did include a quick tutorial that should help get your going. Fingers crossed this one works! Click here to head there.

Happy entertaining your entertaning ideas!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment