Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Model Nosy Neighbor

Sometimes during a slow weekend, Southern Hubby and I like to go to super nice model homes and snoop around. We pretend he's a famous plastic surgeon and I'm a successful boutique owner, and could actually afford some of these homes. Hey, it gets us in the door!

I love taking pictures (pretending I'm trying to size up where I would put my $5k leather ottoman) and using them for decor inspiration for my own home.

Professional stagers and interior designers decorate these beautiful homes. I love to see how they stage certain spaces and how they combine colors and textures. I guess it's sort of like a cheapskate way of getting designer advice.


Yep, I shamelessly stole this ship idea from a model home. But it totally fit in with the maps/travels theme we have in our study! I couldn't help it. ;)

Media rooms are huge in Texas. Everyone has to have one!

Loving how high off the ground this bed is. And the crisp white and chartreuse combo.

Ahhhh... my dream kitchen... look at those dark hand scraped floors...

Your guests will have sweet dreams in this room!

Does anyone stage their breakfast area table or the dining room table? I keep the breakfast table with place mats and pretty napkins but that's about it. My good friend and old neighbor, Kelly, kept her wedding china set on her dining room. It was beautiful but got dusty. She has a maid, so no worries for her. The maid here doesn't want to dust more than she has to! ;)

Great example of how to decorate book shelves.

Calgon, take me away...

Loving the brown and orange combo

This master bathroom was a dream!!!

OK, so surely I'm not the only one that does this, right? Right? I mean, I can't quite possibly be the only nosey gal out there! All jokes aside, it really is a great way to get home decor ideas and see how professionals design certain spaces you may have in your home.

Hope you enjoyed this tour as much as I did. It got me in the mood to clean my house really good today to get it looking like I have a model home of my very own. :)

Happy that it's almost the weekend!
xoxo Y

No comments:

Post a Comment