Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The New Ride



I wanted to introduce you to my newest love. My new Electra Townie.

::swoon::

Isn't she lovely? (At least, I think she's a she. She's too pretty to be a he, right?)

I was so sad to see my old bike go (we sold it on Craigslist.) And despite her lovliness, I was simply too short for her. I had to hop on it to get on and my feet couldn't reach the floor, which can make for a very dangerous ride. After scanning Craigslist for a couple months and never seeing one I wanted, Southern Hubby decided we should do it right and find one that fit me. (Come to find out it's pretty impossible to size a bike online.)

I found her at the first bike shop we went to. After a bunch of test drives and not finding one I liked we were about to give up. Then the salesman saw her, almost hidden amongst the masses. I took one look and fell madly in love. And her ride was amazing. She fit! We fit beautifully!

Thus, she was mine. :) I love her. I love her.

I want to ride her every. single. day. :)

I'm obsessed with bike culture now. I want to ride her everywhere. Sadly, our little slice of suburbian heaven is horribly lacking in bike-friendliness. :( If you want to share in my obsession, I beg of you to take a peek at these lovelies:

Oh, orange crush!
This shot has beautiful depth.
I love robin's egg blue!
This beautiful shot makes me want to hire a pro to photograph mine! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment