Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I will judge you.



I've got to get this off my chest:

If I see you with a plastic bottle of water, I will judge you. I'm sorry in advance. I don't mean it, really, I don't, but the sensible ecological loving girl in me takes over. (And she's quite erratic!)

And then I start thinking about how you've been duped because bottled water is upward of 500 times more expensive than tap water, but just as safe and healthy.

And then I start thinking about how 80% of these disposable and plastic bottles end up in landfills. *sigh*

And then I start thinking about how precious little water third-world countries have, and we're bottling it like liquid gold and charging a premium for it.

And then I start thinking about all the oil, plastic, chemicals and other not-so-good things it takes to get that bottle to you.

And I cringe.

And I whine.

And I will probably roll my eyes.

Because I used to be like you. But I finally wised up.

Wise up, peeps! :) Watch this cute movie. And join me and pledge to be bottled water free! Yippee!

PS. It is not my wish to hurt feelings through this post, but simply to educate. At one time, I was a Fuji pounding fool! It took someone telling me how it was to open my eyes and that was my only intention. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment