Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Confessions of a Straw Addict



Much like my addiction to the color pink, I have been greedily hoarding straws for a while now.

I love straws. The more colorful and funky, the better.

I need one with every single drink. Southern Hubby knows better than to bring me a glass of anything without first putting in one of my beloved straws. :) I even store a couple in my purse and use them when I go out to eat.

My addiction started several years ago. I had been happily buying the disposable plastic kind at the grocery store for a while when I began to start becoming more conscious of my carbon footprint. I searched for ways to recycle them to no avail. Then lo and behold, Sara and her pretty straws blogged their way into my life. The moment I saw hers, I knew I had to have them. They were cute and reusable. How perfect!


I searched high and low for pretty reusable straws and amassed quite the collection. :) The best places to find them are Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, and Amazon. Here are the newest additions to my little family, my stainless steel bent straws, a la Oprah Winfrey.


They're not expensive. They bring color and fun to my life. They can reduce the chance of teeth staining and/or cavaties. They are more eco-friendly than the disposable kind. And they make me happy. If those aren't good enough reasons for collecting and hoarding straws, then I don't know what is. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment